*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Press the power button for 7 secs, it beeps twice, use option 4 then 5 and then boot , you need to reset your ps4 settings bit it seems to have cured the rest mode issues for me... Well it worked twice on the trot after that before it would just flash an Amber light and the ps4 was still actually on and ps button wouldn't turn it on at all in fact I to hard reset when it happened.

Nope, after I just typed all that in, it's still broken in rest mode, no new hdd, stock system, borked rest mode, like many others are reporting across the net.. so no more suspend for me it seems , clearly a bug in the firmware

Last edited:
I don't even bother with standby. If I'm planning on playing I switch it on, start any updates that are needed, gp make a Brew. It never takes very long, not enough to warrant standby all night.

This is true

However i do wish this "rest" mode altered a little bit opposed to picking 3 hours untill the USB's turn off i wish you could set it to stay in rest with all the background tasks that could be needed to run for a hour or two ( depending on your network speeds ect you can pick accordingly ) and then it turns the console off saving all the power instead of the power of a usb port

Hmm mine is in rest mode all seems OK. I like the function but I might turn it off later if other people are having issues with it. As suggested I did a manual reboot after the patch installed and everything worked OK...apart from Driveclub multiplayer but that's a given :/

Personally I wouldn't be fussed if no features were added ever again as I simply use mine to play games on. That said, I would like to see a better screenshot upload function.

I got my PS4 on Monday.

I manually put it to sleep yesterday and after a few hours I couldn't get it to wake up either. Needless to say it won't be going back to sleep again.

Back
Top Bottom