*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Hmm, is that Uncharted 3 on the PS4 I see?

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/10/28/youtube-comes-ps4-today/

15652552435_2ac35dea2f_c.jpg

Interesting.

I tried the Shareplay last night with my twin brother, he is in Jesrsey and Im in N.Ireland.

His kept saying that there was restrictions for this country/region, that would not allow him to do this.

WTF??? We are both in the UK?

Also when I tried to connect to his shareplay it stated that the connection was too slow, so I ran a speed test on my Internet and it stated I was getting 33M Down loads and 8.5 Uploads.

I cant understand whats going on here????

"Shareplay"
Did you honestly think it would be as it appears?
Sony are not going to let multiple people play off one copy of a bought game are they?? or are they?

I'm happy to be proved wrong though.

It could be that your twin brother's connection in Jersey is not good enough to support share play. So you can't host because of region restriction and he can't host because of slow internet?

It could be that your twin brother's connection in Jersey is not good enough to support share play. So you can't host because of region restriction and he can't host because of slow internet?

I just asked this question in one of the PS forums, and apparantly Jersey is NOT part of the UK and hence a different region, WTF??? What if you have other mates accross the water? Should you not be able to play with anyone, is that not the case of this??

What about mates I have in the south of Ireland that a no go to, this is getting stupid IMO.

This sucks :(

I just asked this question in one of the PS forums, and apparantly Jersey is NOT part of the UK and hence a different region, WTF??? What if you have other mates accross the water? Should you not be able to play with anyone, is that not the case of this??

What about mates I have in the south of Ireland that a no go to, this is getting stupid IMO.

i assume it will be refined later down the line, They have probably done this due to the heavy network requirements and latency issues that could occur over distance

Jersey is a Crown dependency, it is not part of the UK so it has its own laws and government. Still don't see why Sharepay should not work across borders though, is this mentioned anywhere in PS literature :confused:

I know the bro's internet isnt the best, I have fiber and he dosen't, so when I tried to join him and it stated that the connection was too slow it had to be an issue on his end, def not mine, but the error he was getting really bugged me.

I assumed shareplay could be done no matter were in the world you are as long as both parties had a strong Internet connection.

Looks like I was wrong, sort it out Sony!!!

My mate lives 30 miles down the road from me, we had the same issue last night. When I tried earlier in the day it worked fine though.

Wow brilliant...Harry: have you played a game on shareplay already then?

I have tried it out with both letting them play the game on there own and with co-op

Just to say my network is 180MB Down and 35MB Up, and my friend who tried with me has 100MB Down and 14MB Up. We noticed no bad sync issues or delays.

He could play my games and i could play his perfectly ( all be it at the lower res/framerate ) the only thing is with this 1 hour play time thing you need to keep resetting it so you they can play ( hope this will be changed in the future however i doubt it ) But you can play the entire game there are no limits to how many times he can share.

Co-op games work great that's all i can say. He may have well been in the same room :)

The only negative thing i have to say is the 1 hour timer to be honest and i can't comment on minimum network requirements but we had no issues with ours.

another note that i read and thought was cool ( haven't exactly tried ) is that if a friend does not have ps + he can still play your games over remote, he needs ps + to play the co-op version though.

EDIT : I would like to add that i know sometimes something may have all the best spec and be great on paper but just doesn't feel/play right but i can happily say shareplay was a pleasant experience and felt great to use

Last edited:
I know the bro's internet isnt the best, I have fiber and he dosen't, so when I tried to join him and it stated that the connection was too slow it had to be an issue on his end, def not mine, but the error he was getting really bugged me.

I assumed shareplay could be done no matter were in the world you are as long as both parties had a strong Internet connection.

Looks like I was wrong, sort it out Sony!!!

Did you try it the other way around ie. you host and he joins your session? The upload speed of the host is really important so if his internet isn't great his upload speed is likely to be even worse. In the Share settings there is an option to change the quality, it was defaulted to High so perhaps try changing that.

Did you try it the other way around ie. you host and he joins your session? The upload speed of the host is really important so if his internet isn't great his upload speed is likely to be even worse. In the Share settings there is an option to change the quality, it was defaulted to High so perhaps try changing that.

Yea thats what I did initialy as he wanted to try out my Shadows Of Mordor.

He was getting the error stating that there was restrictions on his country/region, that wouldn't allow it, again he is in the UK too (Jesrsey) some have said that Jesrsey isnt really part of the UK, but then that brings me to my other gripe.

I thought that you could shareplay with anyone anywere in the world, as long as both parties involved had a strong enough connection, in this day in age it cant be that hard to sort out surely?? :confused:

I have tried it out with both letting them play the game on there own and with co-op

Just to say my network is 180MB Down and 35MB Up, and my friend who tried with me has 100MB Down and 14MB Up. We noticed no bad sync issues or delays.

He could play my games and i could play his perfectly ( all be it at the lower res/framerate ) the only thing is with this 1 hour play time thing you need to keep resetting it so you they can play ( hope this will be changed in the future however i doubt it ) But you can play the entire game there are no limits to how many times he can share.

Co-op games work great that's all i can say. He may have well been in the same room :)

The only negative thing i have to say is the 1 hour timer to be honest and i can't comment on minimum network requirements but we had no issues with ours.

another note that i read and thought was cool ( haven't exactly tried ) is that if a friend does not have ps + he can still play your games over remote, he needs ps + to play the co-op version though.

EDIT : I would like to add that i know sometimes something may have all the best spec and be great on paper but just doesn't feel/play right but i can happily say shareplay was a pleasant experience and felt great to use

Fantastic :cool:

Back
Top Bottom