*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Ive got Sky fibre. When PS4 was sitting next to router wirelessly i was getting about 20 is mb download and about 4mb up.
Upstairs where my PS4 is allowed to be played the wireless was pants about 3/4 mb down load, sometimes even less but upload pretty much the same.
After advice on getting home plugs i now get 22mb download and about 4 up.
So im guessing this is all down to Sony servers. Using Speediest on macbook always gives me 30 is down and about 8/9 mb upload. Not sure why i never download at the full 40mb as my router is always connected at.

Soldato
Nephew just got a PS4, his is a sub account to my brothers main. On the PS3, this wasn't a problem but on PS4 it seems the sub account is age restricted. I assume this is some option that can be changed by the main account but I can't find the option. Anyone know how to change so the sub account isn't age restricted?

Soldato
Anyone else getting tragic connection speeds on theirs at the minute? 13meg download and 3 up. I get 3X that on the pc which is at the other end of the house with a wifi connection. PS4 is wired.

Don't trust the PS4's speed tester so much. I always get a result of around 20mb/s but actual downloads max out my full 55 usually which is all that matters.

Last edited:
Soldato
So my PS4 is working again since yesterday without having to faff with MTU settings (i'm on virgin).

My nephews however keeps getting 'server has disconnected' error when trying to sign in - 5 days after the event and it's still not working right- beyond a flippin joke this Sony. Its back to business as usual this week so what excuse have they got now - let me guess, the monkeys working for them haven't got enough bananas? pffft

Soldato
So my PS4 is working again since yesterday without having to faff with MTU settings (i'm on virgin).

My nephews however keeps getting 'server has disconnected' error when trying to sign in - 5 days after the event and it's still not working right- beyond a flippin joke this Sony. Its back to business as usual this week so what excuse have they got now - let me guess, the monkeys working for them haven't got enough bananas? pffft

Is that with the MTU changed?

Someone over at Gaf has been sniffing PSN traffic and certain auth packets from certain ip address ranges are going through Prolexic DDoS sniffing servers for some reason.

The MTU change appears to bypass that.

smr

smr

Soldato
Is anybody still having issues signing in to PS Store on their PS4?

My PS4 worked OK for me on 24th, I've not changed anything on my network setup.

When I try to connect to Store, it just opens a blank blue screen with the only option to cancel with the O button.

If I do a connection test, I get OK connection to the internet, but I get the error: "Cannot connect to PSN within the time limit. (CE-33987-0)"

Is this just some symptom of the downtime of the past few days, or is something fudged my end now?

Exactly same symptoms here so its deffo server related and not our connections.

Soldato
I use TalkTalk fibre with their 36Meg speed and the PS4 connected Via Cat6 cable from a switch, which is connected to the Super Router they supply, the PS4 speed test says it's getting 30Meg so not far of the max i can get, downloads never take long though.

Didn't the PS3 always have issues with VM and speeds !! thought i'd seen complaints about them before.

C64

C64

Soldato
Anyone that was already logged in will be fine but it went down 15 mins ago anybody trying to login from now cannot get on

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
explain this then

the virgin media cabinet is directly outside the house, it touches our hedge, it's less than 20 feet from the house.

i use one of those fancy £100+ asus routers on latest firmware.

ps4 is set up in DMZ mode, etc, etc, etc.

ps4 is wired using decent cat 6 cable iirc, etc, etc.

yet it never goes anywhere near maxing my 100MB+ connection, i get 10-15MB download and 4MB upload on tests.

apparently VM have a deal with sony, it's in DMZ mode, so i should be getting full speed, there are zero weak links in the chain.

the only thing i can think of is the network controller in the console.

the connection test on playstation isn't to be taken seriously you are getting your full speed

C64

C64

Soldato
Comes down to where you live too I have noticed since moving from a chavvy area back to a well to do area the connections way better and barely any jitter getting 157 down 11 up on virgin.

Back
Top Bottom