*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Not turned my ps4 on since 23rd, got a horrible cold so not felt like playing anyway. I take it psn is still down going by posts.
Do you think psn and live are doing some background maintenance to secure there services more to future attacks as I can't remember a ddoss attack causing this much trouble.

I turned my PS4 on for first time in a while today and everything seems to be working ok for me

Caporegime
OP
Anyone else getting tragic connection speeds on theirs at the minute? 13meg download and 3 up. I get 3X that on the pc which is at the other end of the house with a wifi connection. PS4 is wired.

this has always been the case. the network controllers used by sony are crap but i've never had any issues tbh. it's more than fast enough for gaming

Soldato
this has always been the case. the network controllers used by sony are crap but i've never had any issues tbh. it's more than fast enough for gaming
This has always been a puzzle!
I've always had maxed out connections when downloading from PSN, on PS3 and PS4, but I know that many others seem to encounter some sort of throttling.
It's probably either hardware (modem) or ISP related, I feel it's likely the former, as I've always used my own modem/routers rather than the crappy ones that ISPs dish out.

That's all theory though!

Associate
i have not been able to get on psn since before xmas?!

i tried logging out and back in and everything just spins, no error just a please wait!

is it still down for everyone??

Associate
My PS4 arrived today, changed MTU in network settings to 1473 and had no problems with PSN.

Enjoying Driveclub, while waiting for The Last of Us to download.

Love the interface improvements compared to PS3.

Caporegime
OP
This has always been a puzzle!
I've always had maxed out connections when downloading from PSN, on PS3 and PS4, but I know that many others seem to encounter some sort of throttling.
It's probably either hardware (modem) or ISP related, I feel it's likely the former, as I've always used my own modem/routers rather than the crappy ones that ISPs dish out.

That's all theory though!

explain this then

the virgin media cabinet is directly outside the house, it touches our hedge, it's less than 20 feet from the house.

i use one of those fancy £100+ asus routers on latest firmware.

ps4 is set up in DMZ mode, etc, etc, etc.

ps4 is wired using decent cat 6 cable iirc, etc, etc.

yet it never goes anywhere near maxing my 100MB+ connection, i get 10-15MB download and 4MB upload on tests.

apparently VM have a deal with sony, it's in DMZ mode, so i should be getting full speed, there are zero weak links in the chain.

the only thing i can think of is the network controller in the console.

Soldato
explain this then

the virgin media cabinet is directly outside the house, it touches our hedge, it's less than 20 feet from the house.

yet it never goes anywhere near maxing my 100MB+ connection, i get 10-15MB download and 4MB upload on tests.

apparently VM have a deal with sony, it's in DMZ mode, so i should be getting full speed, there are zero weak links in the chain.

I've mentioned this exact issue before, it's nothing to do with my setup - it's something to do with either the PS4/PSN or Virgin. I can max my connection on my Xbox or PC, all wired through the same router and I have my PS4 in the DMZ. PSN downloads are just much slower. I had the same issue in the past on my PS3 which I got around using PSN Proxy on my PC and pointing my PS3's proxy to my PC's IP - this resulted in full speed downloads.

I can live with it, it's just irritating.

Man of Honour
Is anybody still having issues signing in to PS Store on their PS4?

My PS4 worked OK for me on 24th, I've not changed anything on my network setup.

When I try to connect to Store, it just opens a blank blue screen with the only option to cancel with the O button.

If I do a connection test, I get OK connection to the internet, but I get the error: "Cannot connect to PSN within the time limit. (CE-33987-0)"

Is this just some symptom of the downtime of the past few days, or is something fudged my end now?

Soldato
explain this then

I have BT Infinity and can max out my connection using cat 6 on the PS4. Only the wireless performance seems bad to me.

Caporegime
Anyone got the Crota boss checkpoint? Got to the wizards and never got further due to the PSN downtime - love to get him finished before the refresh even if we cheesed it!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
My mate has just got a ps4. How long does it take to get the verification email? Anything he can do to speed up?

It's super flakey right now mate.
I set up and it took almost 24 hours to come through. During that 24 hours I'd requested duplicate emails a number of times. They all came through at once much later in the day.
Then I got a 'purchase confirmation' email for ps plus hours after I'd paid for it.

Later I got netflix and got the 'purchase' email not long after.

Finally, I'm downloading 'Secret Ponchos' and the 'purchase' email came through immediately.

Seems it's getting quicker, I guess the system is catching up with the backlog, it'll come through eventually dude.

TLDNR?? Nothing you can do, probably won't be long.

Back
Top Bottom