*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I hate that this term has found it's way into the UK :( Vomit has never looked great...

I'm Polish, just happened to use the expression without much thinking, not that fond of it either and I don't think it's too popular in the UK:p If I'd said it looked like sick, there'd be a cause for concern, though:D

Soldato
Howdy! I'm thinking of getting a PS4 Pro to augment my gaming on PC, but it's been years since I owned any console (GameCube was the last console I bought). So I'm wondering what's changed in that time?

For example, can all games be bought digitally online now, or do I need to rely on physical media for some titles? Do I need an always on internet connection? I assume I'll have to create some kind of Sony account, but do I also need say an EA or Ubisoft account to play their titles? How easy/useful is it connecting to a PC monitor, or is it just better to get a decent TV at the same time? Are there games from older generations of PS available to buy/play on PS4? Any subscription programs, and are they worth it?

Sorry for all the questions, but hopefully someone can help!

Associate
95% are available digitally. Only need net to dl and play online but online play needs PS+ subscription as well.. PSN account only no others needed. Hdmi is all you need, monitor or tv. PS NOW is an extra sub with lots of ps/2/3 games. Some have been remastered and are ps4 games.

Soldato
95% are available digitally. Only need net to dl and play online but online play needs PS+ subscription as well.. PSN account only no others needed. Hdmi is all you need, monitor or tv. PS NOW is an extra sub with lots of ps/2/3 games. Some have been remastered and are ps4 games.

Thanks Ferret! Just thinking again about monitor vs TV - I'd have the extra headache of getting sound sorted out with my monitor, so might start looking at decent TVs.

A few more Qs I thought of...

Do consoles (well, the PS4 specifically) come with extra services available these days? I'm thinking apps like Netflix etc etc.

Any extra peripherals worth having?

Caporegime
Now this is nice. To commemorate 500 million Playstation consoles sold. https://kotaku.com/sony-is-releasing-a-gorgeous-translucent-ps4-console-1828217284

ekfxwdcxidomszlkz9ow.jpg

Want.

Associate
I've bought a new PS4 as a gift for someone with the intention also giving them Fifa 18, but can't find a copy from where I am at. I may look to purchase it from the PlayStation store, but not sure whether you need to maintain an internet connection to continue playing it?

Don
I've bought a new PS4 as a gift for someone with the intention also giving them Fifa 18, but can't find a copy from where I am at. I may look to purchase it from the PlayStation store, but not sure whether you need to maintain an internet connection to continue playing it?

I'm sure it will be a bundle code? So you download it on the account you want it to stay on. You shouldn't need an internet connection to play offline.

Back
Top Bottom