*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
These consoles are a bit of a hit or miss regarding noise levels, some use fans from different manufacturers etc. It sucks and should've been better controlled. Mine's usually pretty unobtrusive but can still ramp up sometimes in more demanding games to the point that I can hear it but without being too bothersome.

GoW, however, makes it pretty damn annoying at times. It's tolerable (barely) but annoying and I suppose the fan runs at full tilt on the map screen.

Soldato
I recently put in TLOU into my normal ps4. Sounded like it was going to take off. I just put a folded piece of paper under the front end - around 5mm thickness and it became very quiet.

Worth a try for the people with pro?

Soldato
Thanks guys :). Quite a simple mod and certainly has made a difference and was something to keep me busy for a while. Was almost like a jet engine in gow, quite distracting. Much better now however.

Yeah, mine is a bit like a hairdryer at times in this game as well. That's why I don't believe all that "my PS4 is quiet all the time" drivel, too many people reporting the same kind of noise. GoW absolutely hammers the console. When I opened the map for the first time, and it was a hot day, I was like "is it about to take off?":p

I think I'm gonna try the method above, nothing to lose, I guess:p Anyways, your console looks very cool with the fan and the vinyl skin.

Soldato
Some of them do vibrate on some surfaces (especially glass). This has always been a thing as far back as the OG PS4 launch with the bendy consoles. I've got rubber speaker pads under mine.

Caporegime
One thing that seriously bugs me about the PS4.. why is it I can't play the PS One classics that I bought from their store back on PS3 but could play on PSP?

Sony probably don't see the market in it for the engineering effort it would take. They're concentrating more on getting PS2 games on the PS4. In theory the PSone games could run on PS Now (via the PS3s).

Associate
Sony probably don't see the market in it for the engineering effort it would take. They're concentrating more on getting PS2 games on the PS4. In theory the PSone games could run on PS Now (via the PS3s).
Is that something they are trying to do? I cannot do with the streaming service as some games are just unplayable for me. Hope so as there's a ton of PS2 games I'd love to revisit.

Caporegime
Is that something they are trying to do? I cannot do with the streaming service as some games are just unplayable for me. Hope so as there's a ton of PS2 games I'd love to revisit.

It's not a situation where you can put your PS2 disc in and play the game on PS4, they're bundling select titles with the emulator on the PS store and charging you for the privilege. So the complete opposite of Xbox really.

Associate
It's not a situation where you can put your PS2 disc in and play the game on PS4, they're bundling select titles with the emulator on the PS store and charging you for the privilege. So the complete opposite of Xbox really.
I guess it's a step in the right direction though, the streaming service is unusable for me.. hopefully it's competitively priced.

Soldato
Picked up a PS4 Pro today with God Of War for £349.99, physical copy of the game aswell pleased with that rather than a download code.

Not been on a Play Station for 2 years looking forward to catching up with all the exclusives! Any recommendations ?

Still got the Xbox One X but theres nothing I wanna play on it at the moment.

Soldato
Picked up a PS4 Pro today with God Of War for £349.99, physical copy of the game aswell pleased with that rather than a download code.

Not been on a Play Station for 2 years looking forward to catching up with all the exclusives! Any recommendations ?

Still got the Xbox One X but theres nothing I wanna play on it at the moment.

Horizon Zero Dawn
Until Dawn (2015 release so you may have played it)
Uncharted Lost Legacy

Soldato
That PS4 fan mod looks cool, Luckily I don't have any issue with my Standard PS4 "C-chassis", though now that I own a 4K TV i'm looking to upgrade to the pro, I'm probably going to wait till Kingdom Hearts 3 and pre order the special edition console.

Back
Top Bottom