1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Psycho Sonny, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

it's a simple fix for anyone who has built several pc's before.

it's a bit trickier and more time consuming you just have to be gentle with antenna connectors.

plenty of youtube videos. you can also give it a quick clean too whilst it's open.

i was also thinking won't upgrading to an ssd reduce heat being output from the drive? ssd's run cooler. i also believe hybrid drive runs cooler than a fully mechanical drive. this may help keep other components run cooler. i'm unsure whether running an ssd in a ps4 can now be done without it slowing down over time or we need a hybrid still.

was thinking of going for a hybrid myself and re-doing all the thermal pads and paste.

every little helps

2. malachi

Sgarrista

To be honest, it's a games console not a PC and no one should have to go through any of that to keep it operating as intended.

3. ak22

Soldato

I did replace the Thermal paste on my old PS4 but not the pads it was much quieter for 2 months then it go so loud, I know its rather simply but we shouldn't have to do this my friends OG Xbox one and X are still silent.

4. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

i completely agree which is why I haven't done it yet. Mine is still under warranty. I will do it at some point.

A lot of people have modded theirs too. it's a simple case of the console being so small and everything so tightly packed in.

the xbox is a much much bigger console with an external power brick.

so it has much more space and doesn't have the bulk of it's PSU inside the console.

5. TheVoice

Capodecina

The One S and One X don't have external power supplies.

With the PS4s it tends to be the heatsink that gets clogged with dust, the fins are really tightly packed and even blowing compressed air through the rear vents won't help because the heatsink is mounted between the PSU and the fan.

6. V F

Capodecina

Interesting. My 1200c model which is 3 years old now, I've not opened it up yet and it's still as quiet or appears to be since the day it was new. It's never loud and has lots of game time over the years.

I cannot imagine the white paste they use will be in good condition to this day?

7. Smok3y

Wise Guy

8. ic1male

Capodecina

Eugh Now TV. My account keeps getting password reset emails. You can't delete your billing details or even close the account. Not worth the hassle.

9. Smok3y

Wise Guy

I had a 14 day entertainment trial which I cancelled about 3 hours ago. Even offered me a deal, £3.30 month if I stayed with them. No hassle at all to cancel.

10. ic1male

Capodecina

Yeah, I'm not saying that. I don't like my CC details being stored on their system and you can't delete them or any of your other details.

11. Pighardia

Capodecina

Really annoying. I actually need a sky sports pass for boxing day so I can watch football at work, but I can't get this deal to work!

12. ThestigGT999

Soldato

PlayStation Access presents 20 games coming to PS4 in 2019 (and beyond)

13. ak22

Soldato

Im still catching up with 2018! damm it stop making good games.

14. Pighardia

Capodecina

After a shaky start, God of War is really great!

15. Andybtsn

Don

Has anyone noticed their PS4 switching back on intermittently after putting in rest mode, it's doing my head in!!

16. Meths

Mobster

Mine did that when I was charging the controller from the USB on my TV.

17. BGGLP

Gangster

Hopefully will be rocking the ps5 next Xmas!

18. ic1male

Capodecina

Amen!

19. Noxia

Soldato

You know what, I love new consoles but if it's just better graphics I can honestly see me not buying at launch as I have every other console. The only console I didn't regret buying at launch was the Switch.

20. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

2020 I think for PS5 at the earliest.