*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Don
Be warned though. I also purchased on Ebay and it looked very genuine. The packaging and controller felt genuine or very close to it but the battery only lasted about three hours on full charge. The button presses felt slightly less solid but a very good copy nevertheless. I also bought a blue one with the same issue. I don't believe they were genuine as I bought another one from another site for around £42.00 and that was much more like my original controller and the battery lasts around 11-12 hours like it should.

How is the battery on your new one?

Haha! Yeah, well...as you mentioned, they look just like the real thing but when playing with it there is obvious issues, I couldn't play COD as the left analogue stick would move waaaay too much, it was impossible to use. So yes, clearly not the proper thing. I thought it was strange when the ebay ad has been completely removed by eBay, I requested a refund last night and it got instantly accepted. Turns out the company are in Hong Kong despite the location and everything displaying a UK address. Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true. I will just have it on my desk looking pretty.

Don
We live and learn. It's just not worth spending £15.00 less for a fake controller. You looking at £40-£50 for a genuine controller but it's worth it in the long run.

Yeah, I was slightly naive, I remember seeing the sunset orange ones but felt it was a couple of years back and assumed they had eventually come tot he UK/down in price. The look of them and the fact they come in proper DS4 packaging only adds to the authenticity!

Don
I just read something about microtransactions. I'm hoping the game is still enjoyable without that crap.

My friend is hooked on rocket league. I really should try it sometime

Yeah they brought all that into it, I stopped playing just before they did, I'm not sure if it alters the fairness of playing it.

RL is just so much fun, just one of those games you can pick up and play when you either have a spare 10 mins or 10 hours :D

Soldato
Haha! Yeah, well...as you mentioned, they look just like the real thing but when playing with it there is obvious issues, I couldn't play COD as the left analogue stick would move waaaay too much, it was impossible to use. So yes, clearly not the proper thing. I thought it was strange when the ebay ad has been completely removed by eBay, I requested a refund last night and it got instantly accepted. Turns out the company are in Hong Kong despite the location and everything displaying a UK address. Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true. I will just have it on my desk looking pretty.

Its a wide issue in general. Amazon and ebay markets are flooded with Chinese tat, as is facebook. Plenty of people getting ripped off. Pretty much every type of purchase you can think of will be some retailer flogging imported chinese goods. On Amazon its a bit easier to trace the origin though.

For everywhere else, I tend to do companies house searches when the information isnt clear on the selling site. Often the company will have a registered address in britain, but pound to a penny one of the company directors will have a very chinese sounding name! :p

But in my view theres no such thing as a free lunch and if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. People get ripped off but the core of why boils down to greed. Wanting something for nothing - or cool stuff at a very cheap price. Not saying its right as such but consumers need to take some responsibility for these scams.

Soldato
We'll I caved in and just ordered a PS4 Pro with Fifa20 from Very. I had a £30 off code and will sell Fifa 20 so the actual cost of the console shouldn't be too bad.

I'll be able to play tons of great games between now and the ps5 release.

TLOU2, Detroit Become Human, GOW, HZD, Spiderman :D

Soldato
What games are there for two players? My wife would like to have a go but she's not interested in shooters/rpg games, need something gentle for her to play. She's a Man U fan so anything too hard and she loses she'll be off :)

Back
Top Bottom