*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
7 years feels a long time. Yep. Good thing is all PS4 games will be playable on ps5 too. Hopefully most will get a performance patch too

Considering how few pre-Pro games got updated to support the faster hardware, I don't think it's likely that too many PS4 titles will get PS5-specific updates. Maybe a few of the big releases from this year and next year but I can't see it being the norm.

Caporegime
In an ideal world Sony would start putting all their output on Steam, like Microsoft. If not, then I want 4K60 remasters of every title that Worldwide Studios have done up to this point, including Resistance and Uncharted. 4K60 is a good sweet spot to preserve games for a long time. You won't notice much difference going higher to 8K on your average home display and 60fps is a good balance between responsiveness and hardware performance.

Soldato
I think the difference in approaches is that MS are still trying to keep a foot in the door of PC gaming, whereas Sony have no real interest and have a first-party line-up that sells huge numbers of consoles.

Whether the likes of Stadia etc will push them to change their thinking next gen remains to be seen.

Soldato
Indeed - but they will also be just as playable on a PS4.
The PS5 will launch with a handful of games and the ability to play PS4 games. So keep the PS4 for 6 months, wait for there to be far more than a handful of games and a possible cost-down and jump in then.

So buy a PS4/Pro now, use for 18+ months.

I think i'll be doing this.

I've been out of gaming for ages now, my PC is up the loft and the only console i have is an old xbox 360 haha

Have a 125 inch screen cinema room crying out for a console, so will jump on PS4 soon i think!

Soldato
Will do a bit later, and let you know tomorrow. Recently gotten back into the Souls era. Nioh 2: souls like and fast paced. The Shrines are bonfires where you level up, attune stats and offer gear in exchange for the " Souls" ( I forgot the name). Can summon players and NPC's as well as summon players to fight. Gear has attributes like " +5 loot chance, +7 luck" Etc so can have a nice build focused around your play style. Sorry for messy paragraph on PS4.

Last edited:
Associate
Quick question about the new PS4 Pro bundles, specifically the ones with the new COD / Death Stranding, are these the latest models with the upgraded cooling etc?

Thanks

Soldato
Need for Speed Heat out tomorrow! Having a blast on the trial the cops are really tough this time around. Anyone picking it up? I'm grabbing Death Stranding too.

Heat is a LOT better than payback. The sounds are amazing of the cars, engine swaps sound different each engine and has a very nice sound track.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom