*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
OP
For people who got a console at Gamestop how quickly do they usually dispatch? I ordered mine yesterday at about 5:10 PM and still no sign of a dispatch.

i ordered mine on thursday night and chose special delivery (it's free on orders over £150), they shipped it friday and i received it saturday.

saturday delivery and the console for £330 - well packaged as well.

i was shocked tbh, going to have to keep an eye on them in the future, their games are cheaper too are they not?

Soldato
i ordered mine on thursday night and chose special delivery (it's free on orders over £150), they shipped it friday and i received it saturday.

saturday delivery and the console for £330 - well packaged as well.

i was shocked tbh, going to have to keep an eye on them in the future, their games are cheaper too are they not?

What sort of time did they ship on Friday, or when did you get a dispatch email?

Associate
Its meant to be 'cinematic' and I kinda see what they are saying, but theres an obvious bonus of less pixels to draw. Really hate seeing such phrases used in this context where one of the advantages is enhancement in performance (30fps is more 'cinematic' is the worst).

Not sure about black borders for a game in all honesty, dont mind in non-interactive stuff like film, but as someone who has a 24" 1920x1200 monitor and doesnt use 1:1 pixel mapping for games I can see this being something I dont like/will need to get used to. That being said I cant wait for 2.35:1 HDTVs if they ever turn up with decent content support

ps3ud0 :cool:

As soon as I heard it was to make the experience more 'filmic' I thought, 'yeah right, more like it runs better'.

Might be alright but I need to see a lot more tbh.

Caporegime
OP
As soon as I heard it was to make the experience more 'filmic' I thought, 'yeah right, more like it runs better'.

Might be alright but I need to see a lot more tbh.

it looks stupid imo but because it's got borders it's a larger FOV/POV

so arguably without them there would be less stuff on the screen, albeit more pixels.

it's an odd choice to make for a game and as a plasma owner i would have preferred no borders.

i'm noticing long IR on sky sports logo, so i try to vary content as much as possible, a game like this would be bad for my screen because i already watch a lot of movies.

Caporegime
OP
Gamestop doesn't normally come to mind when I think of "cheap", they do have good deals sometimes but you can usually find most stuff they sell cheaper on other sites.

i check HUKD a lot and gamestop have had quite a few deals on there as of late.

currently they are the cheapest for metal gear solid pre-order and by roughly 10% too.

Caporegime
OP
Definitely not in my junk mail folder, the website still has my order as 'confirmed'

Gameseek is cheaper for Ground Zeroes btw, though they take the money at ordering and not dispatch.

best waiting until 3.30 pm just to be on the safe side then before emailing / phoning them, i would phone them personally as email can sometimes take days for a reply depending on the company.

Soldato
The latest leaks/rumours doing the rounds today:

Thief
PS4: 1080/30
XBO: 900/30 ("they were struggling to even hit 900p with it from what I heard")

Watch Dogs
PS4: 1080/30
XBO: 900/30

The Witcher 3
PS4: 900/30 ("working hard to keep 1080p")
XBO: 720/30

Another quote: "Xbone will have problems with 1080p forever due to the ESRAM and GPU"

What happened to 60 fps at 1080p :mad: Really hope Drive Club is.

Soldato
£500+?

i don't think this would fly tbh, i don't think any handheld has ever been released with a console. never mind after a recession.

if you want both just buy them both separately, bundles are usually never cheaper anyway than buying separately from the cheapest possible sources.

PS4 can be had for £330 delivered on it's own

Will end up doing. Just wanted to save a couple of quid lol

Back
Top Bottom