• UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
How are people finding there PS5 slim ?

Are the fans must quieter than the original

I've never been happy with the noise from my PS5 original. Since the first power on it's just not sounded right. Sent away Sony support couple of years back they said it was fine.

I don't want to buy a slim if the noise is the same.

Thanks

Soldato
How are people finding there PS5 slim ?

Are the fans must quieter than the original

I've never been happy with the noise from my PS5 original. Since the first power on it's just not sounded right. Sent away Sony support couple of years back they said it was fine.

I don't want to buy a slim if the noise is the same.

Thanks

It seems to be much the same, and I don't think coil whine has gotten any better.

Soldato

It seems to be much the same, and I don't think coil whine has gotten any better.
Mines a lot quieter with regards to fan noise, and the coil whine is almost none existent. :) much happier with the slim. YMMV tho

Soldato
Tekken arrived this morning, been playing it most of the afternoon, great game! :)
Mine is arriving tomorrow, I'm going to be playing it all weekend! I'll be completing the story mode and the character stories first, which should hopefully also allow me to confirm who I'll be maining. Currently thinking hwoarang as he was my favourite when I was a kid, but who knows I might find another character that I like better!

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Mine is arriving tomorrow, I'm going to be playing it all weekend! I'll be completing the story mode and the character stories first, which should hopefully also allow me to confirm who I'll be maining. Currently thinking hwoarang as he was my favourite when I was a kid, but who knows I might find another character that I like better!
The different modes are great, loads of content! I’ve done the first arcade section, 10 of the character stories and also working through the story mode. Looking forward to giving online a go tomorrow :) Trophies are relatively straight forward to like the previous game, will def be getting the platinum again!

Soldato
Mine didn't arrive early as I had hoped, gonna get it tomorrow.

Received my Steam key today though, have it preloaded and it unlocks in half an hour but I'll probably just go to sleep.

First thing I'll do when I get a chance to play is jump into practice mode to get a feel for the changes on my my main characters and refresh the knowledge on the ones I used in the betas.
Then probably straight to ranked.

I might play the story at some point or play around with the modes, never did in 7:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine arrived in the morning, haven't installed it yet but tried the Steam version. Pretty overwhelmed with the character changes.

Will probably try the PS5 version in the evening.

The steelbook looks pretty good, even though I'm not a Jin guy:p

Soldato
Already got through a big chunk of the story mode. Upto chapter 11 now and just having a dinner break. Loving it so far. I'm completely button mashing at the moment but already I really don't like the feel of some characters and love others. I hate Paul and Dragonov and loved Hwoarang (as expected) and Reina so far. Alisa also seemed pretty OP

Soldato
I'm thinking of doing entire Yakuza series after I'm finished with Trails, I've played Yakuza 0 a few times in past and really enjoyed it but for various reasons always ended up dropping it at various points, must've played first 2 chapters about 4-5 times lol, the new games look epic tho

Soldato
I'm thinking of doing entire Yakuza series after I'm finished with Trails, I've played Yakuza 0 a few times in past and really enjoyed it but for various reasons always ended up dropping it at various points, must've played first 2 chapters about 4-5 times lol, the new games look epic tho
I'd like to try them too but I have that feeling of being late to a TV show and 4 series to catch up on and people telling me it's amazing by series 3... 40 odd episodes in... it's too much of a commitment.

Maybe just watching a story summary on YouTube would be sufficient :)

For the Yakuza experts out there, what would you recommend as a starting point?

Soldato
I'd like to try them too but I have that feeling of being late to a TV show and 4 series to catch up on and people telling me it's amazing by series 3... 40 odd episodes in... it's too much of a commitment.

Maybe just watching a story summary on YouTube would be sufficient :)

For the Yakuza experts out there, what would you recommend as a starting point?

Yakuza 0. It not only has the best story but you get to experience the beginnings of Kiryu and Majima. Majima's arc in particular is the highlight. The story is better than in 7 overall and I still rate some of the previous games higher, even though I really like 7. They just came earlier and established the entire premise of the series, the humour, the combat, gameplay loop etc. and it's something 7 can't quite top, except if you're a hardcore turn-based fanatic.

It also has the old brawler combat (before the Dragon Engine, mind you) and lots to do.

Also, the setting - Tokyo during the Bubble doesn't get any better.

I think playing 0 is enough, if you want to know more about the characters and Kiryu in particular - then 0, Kiwami and Kiwami 2.

I also recommend Judgment and Lost Judgment as a spinoff. Both are on PS+ Extra.

You can play 7 standalone and you'll miss some stuff here and there but I'd still recommend the older games over it as they're the true Yakuza experience.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone played the free Valhalla DLC for Gow: Ragnarok? I hadn't tried it since it was announced and then released but heard good things. Finally got round to downloading it earlier today and played for around 1h30 after lunch - it's brilliant!

It's amazing how well the game suits being a roguelite - and it's always nice getting familiar with fighting as Kratos again. I've had a lot of unsuccessful runs so far... but it is fun!

Back
Top Bottom