• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I don't really care what you think about it tbh, it's clogging up the thread with the same **** over and over again.

It's a games console not a set top box and Sony are brave enough to design it as such, yes the gamers are getting older and more reserved but children will still be using this, do you think the younger audience hate it because it wont look right under the tv?

What did you think about the games? Did anything wow you? Were you disappointed? How about the controller? Think you might get the headset?

I'm really looking forward to a full on GT game, waited a generation for it! Looks stunning.
Thankfully we have the thread police to tell us what we can and cannot talk about. Cheers!

Man of Honour
I noticed the texture on the console with the blue light but didn't know it was the symbols.

That's pretty cool, I like the little touches like that. The rubber feet on the ps4 pro are the symbols.

Can we please stop talking shout what the thing looks like and focus on the games. Thanks.

Soldato
Can we please stop talking shout what the thing looks like and focus on the games. Thanks.

Aye no problem,

Quite an interesting video, looks like most games are native 4k as expected but I think we will be getting mostly 30fps at least to begin with. Not sure how much head room for improvement there is if it's so easy to develop for mind.

Ray tracing is used fairly sparingly also by the sounds, which isn't really a surprise.

Associate
Aye no problem,

Quite an interesting video, looks like most games are native 4k as expected but I think we will be getting mostly 30fps at least to begin with. Not sure how much head room for improvement there is if it's so easy to develop for mind.

Ray tracing is used fairly sparingly also by the sounds, which isn't really a surprise.

That's a shame - I was really hoping for 60fps minimum in all games (with perhaps an option for an ultra mode with mega bells and whistles that may have to go down to 30). I really struggle to settle with 30fps after playing on a pc for so long.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
That's a shame - I was really hoping for 60fps minimum in all games (with perhaps an option for an ultra mode with mega bells and whistles that may have to go down to 30). I really struggle to settle with 30fps after playing on a pc for so long.
I knew that would never happened. Why do that when one can offer both 30fps with better eye candy and 60fps toned down graphics? Devs have historically always gone for better graphics which meant 30fps. Now they should offer both. I know I would prefer 30fps and eye candy myself. Spider man, god of war, horizon zero dawn felt more than smooth enough for me.

Soldato
To my uneducated eyes, it’s going to be one of those graphical features I won’t even be able tell until DF point it out. :D

I was thinking the same watching that video, had to rewind and look at the mirror in Stray as they had pointed it out and I didn't have a clue.

GT 7 looks promising graphically but then racing games always do, was hoping they would move the sound on with Sony putting so much time into the sound side of things.

Demon's Souls allows you to select fps over graphics, maybe we will see more of that going forwards?

I wonder what the other half of naughty dog are working on? They always seem to push the system beyond what was thought possible.

Soldato
Maybe, I do love the Uncharted series but I think it's in danger of becoming a little stale.

Wouldn't mind seeing a new IP from them.

Definitely, a new IP would be my hope also. But it wouldnt be following the typical industry theme of risk averse development. Sequels and remasters seem to be the trend and I feel until we stop buying them, development will continue in that vein.

Soldato
I don't really care what you think about it tbh, it's clogging up the thread with the same **** over and over again.

What did you think about the games? Did anything wow you? Were you disappointed? How about the controller? Think you might get the headset?

I'm really looking forward to a full on GT game, waited a generation for it! Looks stunning.
But to be fair it's the official PS5 thread, not the official PS5 games thread, won't they all be popping up in their own respective threads soon enough?

But anyway... I think GT7 and HZD2 are really the only ones that really interested me, I think I'd have to re-run the whole thing or wait for more in-depth gameplay info on the rest to decide.

I'm another person who's glad sony had the balls to make something that wasn't a black / gray rectangle. However the pad puts me off a little ad it looks like the buttons are recessed / flat? That's weird haha!
Yep I thought the buttons looked odd, then Zefan posted the below post about the clear plastic layer.

Had they gone for a mid ish grey instead of the white it would have looked so much better (console and controller) as that would have been a nice but not too tacky contrast to the jet black.

I had this thought too, however if you look closely (reveal video and other angle photos knocking about) you can see that they aren't. The reason it looks like they are is because there's a thick layer of clear plastic, and the logo is further back, seemingly flush with the body of the controller.
As above, thanks, didn't realise this.

Did you see that the pad and the console's white, outer layer is covered in miniature symbols? Neat!

qpbJV09.jpg

1dIjgTi.png
And that shows off the raised buttons nicely, and the texture thing is actually pretty cool.

I noticed the texture on the console with the blue light but didn't know it was the symbols.

That's pretty cool, I like the little touches like that. The rubber feet on the ps4 pro are the symbols.
I noticed it yesterday, cool indeed.

Soldato

At 4k there isn't enough power to do it easily. Probably will be titles that undergo more optimization for that, but I don't think it will be the norm. And don't be surprised if they drop below 4k. :)

If they would have targeted 1080p... that's a different story.

Back
Top Bottom