• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Speaking of sound I think might buy the new pulse 3d headset to go with my PS5 as I have the old PS3/PS4 Sony wireless stereo Playstation headset and it's pretty good.

Like the looks of the new one! Weird that it uses a USB dongle though. You think they'd make it Bluetooth?

playstation-5-accessoires-pulse-3d-headset_large.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem isn't getting just the console, I already have a 4k TV but my receiver needs replacing as it doesn't pass through 4k image, plus it is getting a little glitchy of late. after 6 years use. It's going to need at least £1k+ to replace them together.

looking at replacing old faithful Yamaha Z7 here Fortunately I all ready have the TV sorted but need to spend a goos amount to replace the Z7 with similar quality :o

Caporegime
looking at replacing old faithful Yamaha Z7 here Fortunately I all ready have the TV sorted but need to spend a goos amount to replace the Z7 with similar quality :o

I could place it with another more up to date Sony Receiver, it would make sense but my faith in Sony amp is gone a little with this one misbehaving. (it basically doesn't jumps to another source randomly sometimes, and now and again everytime i turn it on the in amp settings menu comes up on the TV screen)

Associate
Bad news for Nvidia if these new consoles can do native 4k on every game why spend over a thousand pounds on a graphics card plus you can trade in your console games once you have completed them and get most of your money back.

Soldato
Bad news for Nvidia if these new consoles can do native 4k on every game why spend over a thousand pounds on a graphics card plus you can trade in your console games once you have completed them and get most of your money back.

Yep, they might have to diversify into AI and data centre where the margins are even bigger, oh wait.....:rolleyes:

Soldato
The PS5 has a more innovative controller and the prospect of VR, neither of which the Series X has. Raw power isn't the be-all!

The controller keeps being marketed as "radical" but it doesn't strike me as anything like that. My DS4 annoys me as the battery life is far too short, it has the speaker that doesn't get used - a DS5 that now has a mic would be the same - and the analog stick is in the wrong place.

VR could be amazing however.

Caporegime
The controller keeps being marketed as "radical" but it doesn't strike me as anything like that. My DS4 annoys me as the battery life is far too short, it has the speaker that doesn't get used - a DS5 that now has a mic would be the same - and the analog stick is in the wrong place.

VR could be amazing however.

I also don't use the speaker but I imagine that some kids love it. The battery life can be fixed for a few dollars here: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2011

The light bar also just wastes power unnecessarily, should have an option to turn it off. Next time I have mine in bits I'll see if I can unplug it actually.

Soldato
The triggers change in activation force, as per the drawing of a bow example, could prove to be a pretty neat feature. But everything else is incremental.

I also don't use the speaker but I imagine that some kids love it. The battery life can be fixed for a few dollars here: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2011

The light bar also just wastes power unnecessarily, should have an option to turn it off. Next time I have mine in bits I'll see if I can unplug it actually.

I was tempted to take mine to bits - like I did with the console and it's god awful thermal paste application - and swap the battery for a higher capacity one. I guess I'm just old school in wanting something like a DS2, but with improved ergonomics and quality. Although whenever you look at these "Pro" controllers, they just do that whilst adding a few extra buttons and RGB lighting :p

Soldato
Ive put down ill buy the digital as every console ive had issues with has been to do with the drives, but i dont plan on buying a ps5 till probably about year 2-3 so i expect prices will go down a little. Just have to see how much the digital games are from their store and key sites.

Back
Top Bottom