• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
If companies are forced into loot box changes which reduces there income Im convinced that will be the excuse to increase game cost.

Imagine if ea lost even a third of there ultimate team income, bet that there standard FIFA version disc or digital went up by £10 minimum

Man of Honour
they;ve been using the same game and engine for several years for the likes of FIFA, NFL, NFS, Battlefield, Star Wars etc.

Well, Frostbite has had three different major version revisions since its original release in 2011, and they're paying to develop it and/or it's successors. It isn't like they just make an engine and then that's "engine" costs over.

Soldato
Well, Frostbite has had three different major version revisions since its original release in 2011, and they're paying to develop it and/or it's successors. It isn't like they just make an engine and then that's "engine" costs over.

While it was used in multiple games since then. Plus, the team was working on it (bugs and such), updating it since then (features), was just doing its job either way.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If that date is true, sounds like they are trying to pre-empt Xbox with their announcement, scheduled for the week after. I wasn't expecting this info until late August/early September. But there're also rumours Microsoft might launch in late August/early September!

Soldato
If that date is true, sounds like they are trying to pre-empt Xbox with their announcement, scheduled for the week after. I wasn't expecting this info until late August/early September. But there're also rumours Microsoft might launch in late August/early September!
I can't find the bloke on twitter now as I can't recall his name, it's same guy who leaked date for June event

Of course doesn't mean he is right again could have been lucky guess before

Soldato
Not silly really, having two skus already is likely some extra work never mind adding black and having four to deal with.

I mean, it’s silly having white as the only colour available. Most entertainment centres are black so surely that’s the sensible option. Traditionally black consoles have always come first then white is released for the niche that want it.

Soldato
Also, given the current political climate, only releasing a white one is a very brave and very bold statement from Sony.
What? Are we saying electrical goods could now be racist?

The Xbox One S was white only to start with and no one cared how is a PS5 that's white going to cause political unrest?

Soldato
There's always someone hunting for something to bw offended about. While it takes some serious mental gymnastics to conclude that it's racist to only release a white console, I have no doubt that some people will manage to convince themselves it's true :p

Fortunately, I don't think the rest of society has quite caught up to that point yet.

Back
Top Bottom