• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Well I'm pretty happy with the PS5, it was better than I expected especially the controller which is amazing, I had no idea what the haptic feedback really was.

Playroom was a nice little bonus as I didn't expect to play that but it's pretty fun and a good demo for the controller.

Compared the the Series X I got last week which was very disappointing this was so much better, problem is choosing which game I want to properly play first as I had a go at everything yesterday :)

Associate
Anyone played Dirt 5? The controller audibly 'rattles' often, not in a good way and leads you to think something mechanical has worked loose. However, Astrobot and Sackboy it works perfectly - maybe just a coding thing the developers haven't patched / caught up with latest controller firmware update???

Soldato
So, the only two things I haven't yet done with the PS5 are:

1. Use Rest Mode. I would leave the PS4/Pro exclusively like this when I was finished. I know the PS5 boots up nice and quick, but I quite fancy using it again.
2. Plugged in my external SSD. I have a Kingston UV500 2TB housed in a USB 3.1 Caddy.

Anyone done/doing any of the above?
I've just reformatted my SSD - so the PS5 can hopefully take full control and I'd like to cleanly download all of my PS4 games again, rather than just plugging it in from my PS4 Pro.

Seen a couple of people above saying they cannot get rear USB to work with external drives.
I know, I know - plug it in and see. It's just, well, I don't want to break anything :)
I've yet to even purchase a usb ssd. So many reports of issues, especially when plugging into the rear usb ports; system crashes etc. I'm waiting for the situation to resolve, hopefully via s software update.

Associate
Soldato
I have no choice but to use rest mode, or else I'd get nothing downloaded!

Also, the Dualsense will pair to an android phone, but you can't use it on remote play on android for some reason, which is a little disappointing.

Soldato
Anyone played Dirt 5? The controller audibly 'rattles' often, not in a good way and leads you to think something mechanical has worked loose. However, Astrobot and Sackboy it works perfectly - maybe just a coding thing the developers haven't patched / caught up with latest controller firmware update???
I haven't played dirt, but Cold War does this - Super rattle!

Soldato
Also, not going to lie.

I have a USB HDD plugged into the back, my USB headset dongle and rest mode enabled.
Played Cold War and some PS4 games last night with no issues at all. Woke it up from rest mode this morning - Spot on.

I do however, close all of my games before rest mode... Not sure if that make a difference.

Soldato
One thing I am envious on ps5 over xbox is the controller - ok, I have not held PS5 controller, but the box one feels cheaper than previous 360 and one controllers, and I don't know why they had to make it smaller! Have had one with completely dodgy left dpad button, and another where abxy's aren't sensitive enough - you really need to make sure you apply pressure.

Soldato
One of my mates works for Amazon and he was saying a van got stolen yesterday in Stockton-On-Tees. Driver left keys in the van, happens a lot apparently. Instant dismissal. Wonder how many PS5's got taken.

Caporegime
One of my mates works for Amazon and he was saying a van got stolen yesterday in Stockton-On-Tees. Driver left keys in the van, happens a lot apparently. Instant dismissal. Wonder how many PS5's got taken.

That's just bad craic all round tbh. The drivers are rushed off their feet anyway working silly shifts this time of year so they'll do anything to save time. So basically the scumbags who've targetted him have profited and cost someone their job.

Back
Top Bottom