• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
The sound on assassins creed vahalla is very buggy on my copy.
The characters voices have no sound most of the time,it very annoying.
Hopefully ubisoft will patch the game soon.

Soldato
The sheer number for sale on eBay is actually staggering. Sony genuinely need to rethink their initial sales model, it is broken beyond belief.

Unfortunately there's not much Sony can do. With a current PS4 user base of over 7 million in the UK demand is going to be high, there could easily be 0.5-1 million people that want one this year, if not more. Not even counting scalpers.

Consider the PS4 became the best-selling console at launch, with the sale of 250,000 consoles within a 48-hour period and 530,000 in the first five weeks. Even if they were able to match that level of supply at least half of potential buyers aren't getting one this year. And give the current covid situation a lot of people will have spare cash as they haven't been spending on entertainment, so that demand is probably even higher.

The Xbox Series X and Series S sold 155,000 units combined on launch day. So I'd assume the are at least that many PS5, probably more.

Soldato
The sound on assassins creed vahalla is very buggy on my copy.
The characters voices have no sound most of the time,it very annoying.
Hopefully ubisoft will patch the game soon.

I had the same issue.

Go to PS settings > Audio Output > General > Audio Format (Priority) > Bitstream (Dolby)

Thats in the PS menu, not in game.

Soldato
Thinking I might need to add a fan to my oak TV cabinet.

I can feel the PS5 drawing in air and its cool on the right hand side but the left and rear of the space it's in is getting fairly warm.

Think if I had a 120mm usb fan extracting that hot air out the rear of the cabinet I'd be happier.

Soldato
The sheer number for sale on eBay is actually staggering. Sony genuinely need to rethink their initial sales model, it is broken beyond belief.

Whilst I do think price gouging is unfair and immoral it would be even worse for Sony to try and control it. A supplier dictating the terms of sale / price / preventing reselling is anti-competitive and overall worse for the consumer. The sale of almost all products is based on a company or individual selling a product for more than they bought it for.

I've watched launch day closely as my sister decided she wanted to get a console for my nephew and I was fortunate enough to be able to get one on Amazon at lunchtime. I could have got a second for myself if I'd wanted to but none of the launch day games really interest me.

I do think launch day has been a shambles for some retailers though. Game's existance relies entirely on the gaming industry and had months to prep yet couldn't have done a worse job of annoying it's target market. They'd have probably been better of just saying no consoles available on launch day as opposed to making people queue for 2 hours in their Ps5 queue only to be told none are available.

Soldato
I can’t get on with Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla. After the fun of Astro’s Playroom, I’m finding it the opposite. The combat’s so... janky and weightless. It looks nice, but that’s all I can really muster up. Feels unfinished.
Glad it’s just a rental.

Anyone got any strong recommendations from PS Plus Collection (not GoW, Persona, RE, or Uncharted) Is Days Gone worth a pop? :)

Soldato
Game know their days are numbered, digital purchases are only going to increase and they're not going to have new consoles to prop them up for at least 3-4 years.

I feel for the staff, I met some genuinely great people at the Isle of Man store, loved games and were always helpful.

Soldato
I can’t get on with Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla. After the fun of Astro’s Playroom, I’m finding it the opposite. The combat’s so... janky and weightless. It looks nice, but that’s all I can really muster up. Feels unfinished.
Glad it’s just a rental.

Anyone got any strong recommendations from PS Plus Collection (not GoW, Persona, RE, or Uncharted) Is Days Gone worth a pop? :)

I'm getting on okay with Valhalla but everything that was wrong with the previous games is still there and agree that the combat has got worse and feels broken at times.

Days Gone outstayed its welcome a bit for me, there's a heap of repetition but the main story is pretty good and fighting the hordes is awesome fun! Definitely worth trying out since it's free with PS+.

Soldato
I'm getting on okay with Valhalla but everything that was wrong with the previous games is still there and agree that the combat has got worse and feels broken at times.

Days Gone outstayed its welcome a bit for me, there's a heap of repetition but the main story is pretty good and fighting the hordes is awesome fun! Definitely worth trying out since it's free with PS+.
Awesome, cheers mate. Might line that up as the next game then :)

Associate
No, but the situation would be significantly better if you cut out the scalpers that buy multiple consoles for the sole purpose of profiting. That would be technically possible, for example give priority to people who have had PS Plus and played a game within the last 12 months.

Not going to happen, also a lot of this falls at the feet of the retailers.

Every single item this year like this or similar with any hype / serious demand has suffered from scalpers.

Associate
PS5 arrived, and pretty much updated. However I'm having trouble with my external USB drive. I plug it in, and it offers to format it as extended storage. But then it fails to be able to format it. Any body have any ideas? I've used disc utility on my Mac to format it as exFAT with a MBR, but that doesn't seem to be working.

I'll answer my own question in case someone else runs into the same issue. It seems my external SSD (Sabrent Nano), doesn't work with the USB A connectors on the rear, but it will work with the USB C connection on the front. Which looks bloomin stupid.

Second question though. Has anyone else had any issues with Miles Morales causing crashes?

Wzd

Wzd

Associate
Second question though. Has anyone else had any issues with Miles Morales causing crashes?

Played it for a few hours tonight without having any problems. Annoyingly having the PS4 disc it installed/downloaded the PS4 version and patch initially, and I had to specifically tell it get the PS5 copy. I would have thought it would know what system it was playing on and install the correct version. Also after I'd copied the save game data over from PS4, I went into the Visuals settings out of interest and it was selected as "null". For the first hour I'd been playing with neither Fidelity or Performance mode, but some other setting.

Now I'm just having a nightmare trying to install Modern Warfare. I've downloaded all +100GB twice now, only for it to keep saying "You have another version of the game on your system" and the only option to reinstall/download everything all over again :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom