• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Watchdogs is free to play at the moment but tbh it’s crap.

Ghost looks stunning on PS5 and runs really nice. I’m currently playing through HZD again and it’s nice to be able to play without the noise of my Pro constantly and much improved loading speeds.

Although the system is butt ugly I’m finding it great and impressed so far just wish they would bring back folders as I like to sort my games out into disc ones and digital etc....

Soldato
Another random power off it seems - noticed a lack of an organ glow just now, so had to press the power button on the console (twice) in order to get it up and running.

Usual messages about AC power being disconnected (it wasn't) and a repair carried out.... quite an unreliable bit of kit so far.

Soldato
Another random power off it seems - noticed a lack of an organ glow just now, so had to press the power button on the console (twice) in order to get it up and running.

Usual messages about AC power being disconnected (it wasn't) and a repair carried out.... quite an unreliable bit of kit so far.

Only had mine since Friday and not had any issues yet. Might be worth contacting Sony for a replacement?

Associate
A 'friend' of mine bought two at launch - kept one and 'bonus balled' the other one on Facebook. He's been picking one up almost every week from scalpers (I'm pressuming) and bonus balling them for £25 a number, so he's making about £300-£400 off each console. Buys one for £600 from a scalper, rinse an repeat.

He wanted to buy mine, two controllers, Pulse 3D headset, official charging station, and 3 games with the sole intention of bonus balling it. Funnily enough, he got all pissy when I told him to sling his hook.

V F

V F

Soldato
Same.

I actually managed to snag one a while back but let it go due to there being literally nothing out there to play that make the price tag worth it.

Anyway. It's not next gen yet until Naughty Dog, Santa Monica Studios, Gorilla, Rockstar and Ubisoft says it is. While those guys have nothing out as of yet, I can wait. And even if they all drop their first PS5 title today, I'll still wait until I can actually buy a LG G1 65'.

Funny. This reminds me exactly of the PS4 launch. Everyone telling me to hold out for a year as there were no next gen games. Considering Horizon 2 is going to be on both PS4 and 5.

Soldato
Funny. This reminds me exactly of the PS4 launch. Everyone telling me to hold out for a year as there were no next gen games. Considering Horizon 2 is going to be on both PS4 and 5.
Usually it's people who haven't manged to secure said console who tell you to hold off.
Nothing to play? So what if a game is being released on both PS4 and PS5 - it isn't playing at 4k/60 on a PS4.

Had mine since November 19th - as someone who enjoys playing games, cannot think of a reason not to purchase one unless funds are low and it becomes an expensive purchase you really shouldn't be making or you've not been able to secure one.

V F

V F

Soldato
Usually it's people who haven't manged to secure said console who tell you to hold off.
Nothing to play? So what if a game is being released on both PS4 and PS5 - it isn't playing at 4k/60 on a PS4.

Had mine since November 19th - as someone who enjoys playing games, cannot think of a reason not to purchase one unless funds are low and it becomes an expensive purchase you really shouldn't be making or you've not been able to secure one.

They had PS4s on release that told me that. They were unimpressed with what was available.

The same is looking for the PS5. Sure you get 60fps and fast loading times but no next gen games so far.

Soldato
They had PS4s on release that told me that. They were unimpressed with what was available.

The same is looking for the PS5. Sure you get 60fps and fast loading times but no next gen games so far.
The same thing happens every gen, not sure why people are surprised. Particularly with playstation consoles as Sony supports their consoles well all the way up to the release of the next console, so it takes time for next gen only games to arrive

Caporegime
I'm really surprised how many people have had issues with the controller already. Everyone I know who got one has had to replace theirs in under 6 months, either through the sticks drifting or the triggers breaking. One friend has been through two controllers already due to stick drift :/

Are there any decent custom controllers on the horizon that use better parts?

Soldato
Mine is being replaced due to the triangle button sticking in. Not had stick drift yet but I’m expecting it at some point. I suppose with something so complex failure is going to be more common although it would be nice if they lasted a bit longer than a week in my case.... lol

Associate
Had mine since release day, using one controller on the PS5 and a second controller through my ipad and remote play.

No controller issues at all, and the ps5 controller probably averages 2-3 hours per day of usage.

Soldato
My lad’s second controller has developed a loose R2 button. Must arrange for a replacement. Pity you have to call Sony and can’t just do it online

Soldato
Urgh having issues with my PS5 displaying a black screen out of nowhere. It worked since launch and has now developed this issue.

It will display in safe mode and when the resolution is set to 1080p but not when set to 4k, so weird. Some things to help:
- Won't work at 4k on any HDMI port (it did before).
- Definitely a black screen rather than the no signal message the TV gives when the device is off.
- Series X works fine on the ports at 4k. This means the TV should be okay.

So strange and annoying.

Back
Top Bottom