• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
User bases are far bigger though and game development is a lot easier as today's consoles are a similar architecture to PC's which makes releasing cross-platform a doddle, it's not like the old days where developers had to learn custom hardware every generation (ie. PS3 Cell).

It's just greed.

Trust me, it's not that simple. Game development is stressful and hard work especially if you are a coder.

Soldato
User bases are far bigger though and game development is a lot easier as today's consoles are a similar architecture to PC's which makes releasing cross-platform a doddle, it's not like the old days where developers had to learn custom hardware every generation (ie. PS3 Cell).

It's just greed.

The similar architecture is only a single aspect of game development though. There's plenty of other aspects that now take more people, more time and more work. Many games are far more complicated, detailed and ambitious in their size and scope then they ever were before.

Soldato
New IP's in the AAA space are going to become less and less common as games get more and more expensive to make and studios become scared of a game flopping.

Get used to it.

The expense can be reduced if they werent so obsessed with visuals. But you are 100% right, we are in an era of games as a services, recycled successful IPs and remakes/remasters of old games (the latter I am ok with).

Someone posted some data on quora a couple of years back it showed the amount of games released by AAA studios per year, it had a very alarming pattern of reduction of games to a fraction of what they were in the 2000s, this has led to less diversity, as instead they concentrate on successful IPs.

Soldato
Hopefully they announce 1440p compatibility.. drives me insane that it isn't.

Sadly cant see it happening, Sony have an interest in 4k TVs been sold, and a lot of console gamers seem to think 1440p is meaningless we should all be using large 4k screens apparently. The pressure from youtubers and the like is practically non existent.

Soldato
There is a couple good games coming let's not get it twisted.. but 2023 is 3 years after console release with very little games AAA released.
the start of 2023 is just over 2 years after console release - not even close to 3 years (both new consoles were released in Nov 2020 I believe)

Just watched the new GT7 trailer yesterday, gotta admit a ps5 was so far off my radar with 2 high end PCs and a Series X, but after watching that trailer, a PS5 is right back on my want list. That trailer and demo looks absolutely incredible. If they truly take GT7 right back to the earlier GT formula then I'm 100% in for console and GT7.

Whyget the PS5 if you just want GT7 and already have a high spec PC - am sure at the end of the GT7 trailer it stated it was coming to PC as well......hmmm nope wasnt on the trailer wonder if it was during the event....thats going to annoy me, was surprised to see it myself but Im sure I saw it somewhere

Last edited:
Soldato
the start of 2023 is just over 2 years after console release - not even close to 3 years (both new consoles were released in Nov 2020 I believe)

Whyget the PS5 if you just want GT7 and already have a high spec PC - am sure at the end of the GT7 trailer it stated it was coming to PC as well......hmmm nope wasnt on the trailer wonder if it was during the event....thats going to annoy me, was surprised to see it myself but Im sure I saw it somewhere
Wait g7 is coming on pc? If it is i may seriously sell my ps5. Why have it when basically many ps games will come on pc?

Soldato
Getting a bit tired of the same old "there are no games" arguments at this point. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you bought the thing, and mid-pandemic it was obvious delays were inevitable.

The rose-tinted memories of console launches gone by aren't helping either, they really weren't as magical as people are making out and, especially on the Sony side, you'd have been hanging on to your old console for far longer to keep playing those games too.

Soldato
Getting a bit tired of the same old "there are no games" arguments at this point. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you bought the thing, and mid-pandemic it was obvious delays were inevitable.

The rose-tinted memories of console launches gone by aren't helping either, they really weren't as magical as people are making out and, especially on the Sony side, you'd have been hanging on to your old console for far longer to keep playing those games too.
No we didn't.

Games like gt7 and God of war were meant to be exclusive to ps5 but not anymore

Soldato
No interest in PC as I've let that side of things lapse for more than 10 years. Makes sense for Sony to make their games available on that platform as it will obviously increase sales. They don't make money selling consoles so why not?

Soldato
Been playing borderlands 3 a fair bit. A lot more varied environments than the others.
Look forward to VR when that releases, as long as it doesn't look like PS3 like the other one did I'm in.

Soldato
Got my copy of Deathloop early, quite repetitive as you play the same 4 maps over and over with minor variations depending on the time of day. Voice acting is good on the 2 main characters, but i have a feeling it will be a bit of a drag to get to the end.

Back
Top Bottom