• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Basics are any GEN4 drive will actually work.
Sony are recommending 5500 MB/s or faster Read Speed - although some people have plugged 3500 MB/s drives in using the beta, which does slow loading down, but not significantly.
Sony also recommend sing a heatsink (and really, you shouldn't even be considering things at this speed and not have one).

My opinion is if you're spending big anyway, don't drop below the 5500 MB/s and let the console load at the speeds it was intended to.
I'm personally taking the Gigabyte AORUS 7000 2TB route - comes with heatsink pre-attached and is at the very extreme (physical size) on fitting into the bay.

Man of Honour
Anyone have any idea when these PS5s from today are shipping? ‘By the 30th’ is so incredibly vague :p - Very seem to have at least updated their shipping info on the order.

Associate
My intention was to do the upgrade once - and also remove my external storage drive. So I'm slamming in a 2TB that should give me around 2.6TB, which should really be plenty for all the games I need "on the go" at the same time.
I'm thinking the same 2tb. Expensive but its done once. I did the same with my ps4 pro added a 2tb drive in although for more cheaper

Iv been looking at the Gigabyte AORUS 2TB M.2 PCIe 4.0. https://www.gigabyte.com/Solid-State-Drive/AORUS-Gen4-7000s-SSD-1TB#kf

Soldato
I'm thinking the same 2tb. Expensive but its done once. I did the same with my ps4 pro added a 2tb drive in although for more cheaper

Iv been looking at the Gigabyte AORUS 2TB M.2 PCIe 4.0. https://www.gigabyte.com/Solid-State-Drive/AORUS-Gen4-7000s-SSD-1TB#kf

That's the one I've bought - I didn't get into the Beta, but as I could pay it off over 4 months interest free I figured I wouldn't miss the outgoing each month as opposed to the lot in one go. I paid £359 for it (which of course is typically more than you can get it for now)!

Associate
That's the one I've bought - I didn't get into the Beta, but as I could pay it off over 4 months interest free I figured I wouldn't miss the outgoing each month as opposed to the lot in one go. I paid £359 for it (which of course is typically more than you can get it for now)!
Yeah I'm looking at the drive now for £321 and 0% interest also. £14 over 24 months if you want to know.

Back
Top Bottom