Votes: 173 16.3%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
I'm on the fence.

Been about 3/4's of the way through Forbidden West but haven't played it for a month or so and started it back up, and want to get it finished before picking up Ragnarok. Can't decide if I should just watch a re-cap of God of War having finished it a couple of years ago and just need to patch some gaps in my memory, and pick up Ragnarok sooner rather than later due to FOMO and not wanting to stumble across any spoilers, or do I go for a full marathon of playing both back-to-back once I get Forbidden West out the way...

Soldato
TBH, I'm not all that fussed about Ragnarok, though I'll definitely play it at some point.

I'm using my free month of PS Plus to replay GoW and hope I can do everything I did on my old PSN account, beat Sigrun etc. I liked Give me a Challenge back then but I'm playing on Balanced now because it's easy and I can just enjoy the game. 60fps feels miles better.

Good gane with solid combat if you get into it but somewhat overrated so I hope this one is an actual masterpiece in every way.

Soldato
Kratos is just a grumpy old git who is hard to like. The presentation, graphics and sound in the first was brilliant though. Also throwing and catching the axe was great.

I’ll grab Ragnarok at a later date I’ve got loads going on and A Plague Tale to finish. If The Callisto Protocol reviews well I might get that in December.

How is it @MOOGLEYS i see you are playing it right now :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, the axe was brilliant and the combat system was pretty enjoyable. Liked the lore as well, I'm a sucker for mythology. It's just that the game felt very corridor-like, to the point of the locations feeling somewhat inorganic, and both the enemy variety and bosses (except Sigrun) were very disappointing.

I've heard Ragnarok fixes that so I'll give it a spin at some point but for now I've got so much to go through that I don't even know what to start with.

Soldato
Im going to be playing the 2018 god of war first on easy:D, I sucked on normal difficulty and gave up years ago and never went back.

I played it on Easy too, at times the combat was still a bit of a challenge but it did at least mean I had to worry far less about getting the absolute perfect set-up or nailing the combos. I had a great time. The Valkyries are still hard as nails even on Easy though!

Last edited:
Soldato
Kratos is just a grumpy old git who is hard to like. The presentation, graphics and sound in the first was brilliant though. Also throwing and catching the axe was great.

I’ll grab Ragnarok at a later date I’ve got loads going on and A Plague Tale to finish. If The Callisto Protocol reviews well I might get that in December.

How is it @MOOGLEYS i see you are playing it right now :)

It’s more of the same which is no bad thing. It runs lovely in performance mode with high frame rate enabled. Sits around 80-90fps according to my tv which considering How it looks is pretty impressive.

Soldato
gowr.jpg

Soldato
I was so tempted by the collectors edition, but couldn't get hold of it. Just picked my normal copy up - might not get a chance to play until weekend but alas I will be enjoying.

Man of Honour
It’s more of the same which is no bad thing. It runs lovely in performance mode with high frame rate enabled. Sits around 80-90fps according to my tv which considering How it looks is pretty impressive.

This is how I’m running it too. Glorious so far. Incredibly well optimised and such a cinematic experience. It’s a labour of love, no doubt about that. Sony really does own the console ‘war’ with these exclusives. Loving the controller effects too.

Had to laugh, Sony emailed me following my interest in buying a PS5 as there are some now available. I believe it must have been at least 18 months ago I registered my interest :D

Last edited:
Soldato
This is how I’m running it too. Glorious so far. Incredibly well optimised and such a cinematic experience. It’s a labour of love, no doubt about that. Sony really does own the console ‘war’ with these exclusives. Loving the controller effects too.

Had to laugh, Sony emailed me following my interest in buying a PS5 as there are some now available. I believe it must have been at least 18 months ago I registered my interest :D
Yea I just got an email too, I think I've had ps5 about a year lol.

Associate

Yup, the high frame / performance mode is fantastic. I tried the "quality" mode running at 4K/40fps, but I appreciate the faster frame rate much more and don't notice much of a difference in graphical quality between the two modes.

Associate
I'm on the fence.

Been about 3/4's of the way through Forbidden West but haven't played it for a month or so and started it back up, and want to get it finished before picking up Ragnarok. Can't decide if I should just watch a re-cap of God of War having finished it a couple of years ago and just need to patch some gaps in my memory, and pick up Ragnarok sooner rather than later due to FOMO and not wanting to stumble across any spoilers, or do I go for a full marathon of playing both back-to-back once I get Forbidden West out the way...
The game gives you the option to play a quick video recap of the 2018 GoW.

Back
Top Bottom