• Digital Only Version

Votes: 173 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 664 62.2%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 230 21.6%

• Total voters
Associate
I managed to put my PS5 upside down and only realised when I put the GT7 disc in upside down. I had the PS5 on a TV shelf and assumed it was meant to be stood up which is why it looked stupid being horizontal. Found the stands yesterday and rotated the PS5 and looks much better now. :)
I did that once with the OG Xbox and was squinting at it thinking 'XobX?' it was a dull room in my defence but still,what an idiot lol.

Soldato
Razer controller charger arrived at the weekend. Great bit of kit. Sturdy and well made. Ordered myself an xbox version I was so impressed, which should be here today.
I had my TV off the wall as was fitting a Govee backlight so took the opportunity to tidy all the cables up a bit. Decided to plug the Razer into PS5 USB at the rear. However it doesn't charge when its off. Went to my system settings and its already set to keep USBs powered for 3 hours after PS is put into rest mode (which I never do, always just shut it down). Put it into rest mode and its still not charging, my media unit has a grated front and the orange standby lighting from the PS5 is visible. Is there a work around for this or should I just plug it into a power socket? I also threaded a USB C out the back of the Xbox in anticipation of the cradle coming but I would assume this will be the same?

Does the controller charge in rest mode if connected directly with the cable?

Soldato
All this talk of digital purchases and I'm still complete opposite, unless there's a very good sale on makes no sense to me.
Same here.. I will not buy a game for full price that i cant sell on to make a bit back on what i have spent. Not having something tangible for my money that i can either sell on or keep in my collection is a no no for me until i am forced to. Not having a marketplace for digital products that encourages competition is a big issue for me. I really want to play Alan Wake 2 as i really loved the original and control but unless i can get it for less than £25 or there is a physical release i wont be buying.

Associate
I nipped into CeX last week as it's always nice to see what they have (and I test my ability to not buy a PS1/PS2 with a ton of my favourite games) and the prices for used PS5 games are great.

That's really the main time when I wish I had a disc PS5 vs. a digital one - otherwise I'm not overly fussed by buying digitally 100% of the time. I tend to buy PS Funds via CDKeys and then buy games with that - so you can get 40 quid of 'PS Funds' for 35 quid on CD Keys. It never matches the used prices you see but it definitely helps offset some of the cost.

Soldato
I am a disc user, but am preparing for the next generation to be potentially digital only. With 78% of all sales being digital and the fact it is continuous sales as opposed to some lost due to resell (which Sony don't get to take a percentage of), it is only logical.
It mainly means y buying habits will change.
"Must have games" won't be day one, they will instead be when the game drops to the price I'd have paid for physical. Anything else won't be purchased until discounted.

Soldato
I am a disc user, but am preparing for the next generation to be potentially digital only. With 78% of all sales being digital and the fact it is continuous sales as opposed to some lost due to resell (which Sony don't get to take a percentage of), it is only logical.
It mainly means y buying habits will change.
"Must have games" won't be day one, they will instead be when the game drops to the price I'd have paid for physical. Anything else won't be purchased until discounted.
They massage the digital sales quite a bit, for example they count codes in a console box as a sale. The Sony leak a few months ago said that 1st party games are still majority sold as physical.

Last edited:
Soldato
Does the controller charge in rest mode if connected directly with the cable?
False alarm. Controller wasn't charging because it was fully charged :rolleyes:

I have found a better solution anyway, bought a headphone stand that has a flat wireless phone charging plate at its base with 2 USB power out ports to charge both controllers. Nifty looking thing. Will post a pic when the Xbox cradle arrives.

Caporegime
Question.

I have a PS5 and PS4, I have basic PSN Plus subscription.

If I were to lent my sister my PS4 and leave my profile on there, in theory they have all my PSN library to play.

I looked on the Sony site and it says I can have PSN account signed into both so it doesn't break T&C.

How to share PlayStation Plus benefits

You can share certain PlayStation Plus benefits on one PS5™ console and one PS4™ console.

PlayStation Plus benefits that can be shared

While you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you can share selected benefits on one PS5 console with Console Sharing and Offline Play activated, and one PS4 console that is activated as your primary PS4 console.

I have 2 questions.

1 - Not sure why it is that way round, can I have PS5 as primary? and PS4 as the Sharing?

2 - Can we both play at the same time? online/offline? game restrictions?

Last edited:
Soldato
Question.

I have a PS5 and PS4, I have basic PSN Plus subscription.

If I were to lent my sister my PS4 and leave my profile on there, in theory they have all my PSN library to play.

I looked on the Sony site and it says I can have PSN account signed into both so it doesn't break T&C.

How to share PlayStation Plus benefits

You can share certain PlayStation Plus benefits on one PS5™ console and one PS4™ console.

PlayStation Plus benefits that can be shared

While you are a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you can share selected benefits on one PS5 console with Console Sharing and Offline Play activated, and one PS4 console that is activated as your primary PS4 console.

I have 2 questions.

1 - Not sure what it is that way round, can I have PS5 as primary? and PS4 as the Sharing?

2 - Can we both play at the same time? online/offline? game restrictions?
As I understand it you'd need to leave your account on the PS4, set the console as your Primary PS4 (this won't affect your PS5), have them create their own profile/account, then you can share PS Plus with their account.

I'd suggest password protecting or putting a PIN on your account on the PS4 to avoid any accidental purchases or anything else that might risk your account.

Associate
They massage the digital sales quite a bit, for example they count codes in a console box as a sale. The Sony leak a few months ago said that 1st party games are still majority sold as physical.
Agreed. Sony are trying to spin a narrative that digital sales dominate the market. And many gamers believe the propaganda. If it’s said often enough, it must be true, right ? But the actual facts show otherwise eg. the Insomniac leaks from last year. Physical sales make up the majority of 1st party exclusive title purchases eg. Spider-Man. Sony count microtransactions as “digital sales” to inflate numbers. And given the number of people who play Fortnite, CoD,FIFA etc on console … that’s a lot of revenue. Of course, Sony and others would love everything to be 100% digital … it helps maintain their walled garden policy, ergo profit margins.

Soldato
Are you sure about that? I am sure I've read to contrary, and it makes no sense a code would count as a physical sale.
That's the case according to Chris Dring of GamesIndustry.biz at least, as he's clarified in the past that promotions on consoles with codes in-box will result in a surge in reported physical copies sold.

Soldato
I just grab whatever is cheapest. My digital games so far were all codes off ebay (from console bundles) so were cheaper than physical. If the next gen drops the disc drive, I probably won't bother and will just stick to pc. Don't mind digital, but not being locked into one store only with £70 games :(

Would be nice to see game codes being sold elsewhere like on PC & Xbox so you actually got digital competition.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing much really.

Nice to see them making an proper Astro Bot game.

And only one PSVR game!?!? Or did miss others? The platform is basically dead anyway :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom