• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yup, the high frame / performance mode is fantastic. I tried the "quality" mode running at 4K/40fps, but I appreciate the faster frame rate much more and don't notice much of a difference in graphical quality between the two modes.

I have tried all the modes and tbh they all look the same visually to me. Going to stick to the High Performanc/High Framerate mode with VRR as it runs stunning.

Soldato
Playing on give me god of war difficulty and I'm dying a lot but the challenge is a lot of fun. Took me half hour to remember all the combos and buttons etc as not touched older game.for over a year

Game is unreal ya it's similar to 2018 but thats not a bad thing..

Wish I didn't have work tomorrow :(

Associate
Played a couple of hours tonight and I'm loving it, basically more of the same which is no bad thing.
Can't make my mind up between 60 and ~90 fps modes tho. 40 is too slow as predicted.

Soldato
Managed to get an hour or so of GoW in this morning as I woke up early - barely scratched the surface as spent a bit of time getting back into the parrying combat as haven't played GoW for a while. Looks and feels fantastic as expected.

Soldato
Played a couple of hours tonight and I'm loving it, basically more of the same which is no bad thing.
Can't make my mind up between 60 and ~90 fps modes tho. 40 is too slow as predicted.

I couldn’t see any difference visually between the two tbh. High frame rate is 1440p on and dynamic 4K with it off I believe but both look the same to me. You can definitely notice the extra frames especially during combat so I’m sticking with the high frame rate mode.

Associate
Managed a few hours last night and a quick hour this morning before work - really enjoying it.

There's also something really lovely seeing your friends list on PlayStation just be full of 10+ people all playing the same game. Reminds me of the Xbox 360 days and seeing my entire friends list on Halo 3.

Soldato
Ended up getting it myself, just bought a code from someone who got it bundled with a PS5 and didn't want it.

Figured out it might be better to play this one while it's fresh so I can avoid spoilers and then go through my backlog. Also not sure if I feel like using up my limited gaming time to replay GoW and redo everything. Though I admit, I do want to fight Sigrun at 60fps:p

Man of Honour
I couldn’t see any difference visually between the two tbh. High frame rate is 1440p on and dynamic 4K with it off I believe but both look the same to me. You can definitely notice the extra frames especially during combat so I’m sticking with the high frame rate mode.

Likewise, couldn’t tell the difference visually, but it felt even smoother with the extra frames.

Associate
Back
Top Bottom