• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Yeah, the controllers are pretty expensive at the moment same with the headsets. Good job i got a controller for £40 a few weeks ago and a new set of Pulse headphones for £59. But with this deal it makes them palatable with that offer.

Associate
There is currently a "Bundle and save" offer on the PSN Store Shop currently. If you buy 2 items you get £30 off if you are a Plus member. I just got 2x Dualsense Charging Docs for £20 so a tenner each. Another deal i noticed was the Dualsense Edge replacement thumbsticks are £20 each so if you have that controller and want a couple of spare thumbsticks it will cost you a tenner.. :D
This is a brilliant deal! Just picked up the spare thumbsticks for the dualsense so I'll be all set if anything happens!

To be fair, almost a year of owning the Edge and it's been brilliant to use.

Soldato
Yeah i was so tempted as i was playing a fair bit of Fortnite/warzone but i have not played any as of late (Will be playing Fortnite when what happens with the original map happens) but its just too expensive. I paid £109 for my Nacon Revolution Unlimited and that was a lot of money for a controller.. And then found that it was actually limited to only playing PS4 games on the PS5.. LOL.. If they were <£150 i would definitely consider but at over £200 its waaaaaaay over my price range.

Associate
Yeah i was so tempted as i was playing a fair bit of Fortnite/warzone but i have not played any as of late (Will be playing Fortnite when what happens with the original map happens) but its just too expensive. I paid £109 for my Nacon Revolution Unlimited and that was a lot of money for a controller.. And then found that it was actually limited to only playing PS4 games on the PS5.. LOL.. If they were <£150 i would definitely consider but at over £200 its waaaaaaay over my price range.
Yeah, I bought it primarily for Warzone/Apex - but I've actually just ended up using it for everything. I actually prefer having the heavier weight, the trigger stops, the easy to use function buttons and the rubber grips over the paddles.

The paddles / back buttons are great - but I definitely get more out of the controller with the other features.

The 'Fn' buttons on the front are so useful for turning up/down the volume, I used a regular Dualsense the other day and that was one of the things I really missed.

Definitely agree about the cost, it does like above 200 is a little on the 'too' expensive side.

Caporegime
There is currently a "Bundle and save" offer on the PSN Store Shop currently. If you buy 2 items you get £30 off if you are a Plus member. I just got 2x Dualsense Charging Docs for £20 so a tenner each. Another deal i noticed was the Dualsense Edge replacement thumbsticks are £20 each so if you have that controller and want a couple of spare thumbsticks it will cost you a tenner.. :D
I'm struggling to find it. Can you post a link please?

rp2000

Soldato
Yeah, I bought it primarily for Warzone/Apex - but I've actually just ended up using it for everything. I actually prefer having the heavier weight, the trigger stops, the easy to use function buttons and the rubber grips over the paddles.

The paddles / back buttons are great - but I definitely get more out of the controller with the other features.

The 'Fn' buttons on the front are so useful for turning up/down the volume, I used a regular Dualsense the other day and that was one of the things I really missed.

Definitely agree about the cost, it does like above 200 is a little on the 'too' expensive side.
I will keep an eye out. I have £100 in my amazon account so if one comes up at a great discount on Black Friday i might bite. I use the pulse headphones so they have easily accessable vol up/down/mix but if they can be mapped to other things they could come in handy.

Soldato
PSA: It's now possible to manually check for updates on games that are in your library but not on your home screen, just press the Options button as you normally would and the extra menu option should now appear. If not, try a system restart first.

Soldato
My PS5 is a little over a year old and my 2nd controller has developed drift, where it keeps moving to the left even when I'm not touching anything.

Anyone else had much luck getting these repaired? I've got two controllers and not much that time on either of them because I swap back and forth, and do most of my gaming on the PC.

I saw EU warranty should be 2 years but Sony seem to be bad at actually sorting them out, and in the US it's only 1 year.

Seems easier to buy a new one and return the old one.

The one that seems to have issues is the black spare one, the one that came with the console (white one) seems fine still.

Last edited:
Soldato
Some games have just dropped (or I only just noticed!) on PS+ - Gotham Knights, Disco Elysium, Dead Island, House of Ashes, Elite Dangerous to name a few. Been reading about how good Disco Elysium is for years so looking forward to giving that a try.

Soldato
Some games have just dropped (or I only just noticed!) on PS+ - Gotham Knights, Disco Elysium, Dead Island, House of Ashes, Elite Dangerous to name a few. Been reading about how good Disco Elysium is for years so looking forward to giving that a try.
As much as I loved elite dangerous way back when. they’ve dropped the console versions and future updates I believe. Shame. :(

Soldato
Anyone with the Dualsense Edge can comment on how good the sticks are?

Seems both my standard controllers are drifting to the left now, with the black one being worse, but the white one does it as well to less of a degree.

I understand with the Edge I can just replace the sticks, so whilst it costs more, it may be preferable to having to consider replacing controllers constantly.

Associate
Anyone with the Dualsense Edge can comment on how good the sticks are?

Seems both my standard controllers are drifting to the left now, with the black one being worse, but the white one does it as well to less of a degree.

I understand with the Edge I can just replace the sticks, so whilst it costs more, it may be preferable to having to consider replacing controllers constantly.
I've had my Edge since release in Jan (?) and no issues with the sticks with regards to drift. I bought 2 spares just the other week with that 30 quid off PSN direct deal (so got 2 spare sticks for 10 quid!) so if they do end up developing drift then I've at least got replacements.

No issues though so far, I play a healthy amount of Warzone / Apex / MW2 multiplayer as well as regular single player games and I really haven't noticed it. It's usually really noticeable in BR games when you pull up the map and your cursor moves ever so slightly without any input - but I've had none of that so far. I imagine it will develop it at some point - but replacing the thumb stick module is a whole lot cheaper than swapping the entire controller.

Soldato
I've had my Edge since release in Jan (?) and no issues with the sticks with regards to drift. I bought 2 spares just the other week with that 30 quid off PSN direct deal (so got 2 spare sticks for 10 quid!) so if they do end up developing drift then I've at least got replacements.

No issues though so far, I play a healthy amount of Warzone / Apex / MW2 multiplayer as well as regular single player games and I really haven't noticed it. It's usually really noticeable in BR games when you pull up the map and your cursor moves ever so slightly without any input - but I've had none of that so far. I imagine it will develop it at some point - but replacing the thumb stick module is a whole lot cheaper than swapping the entire controller.

That deal looks good, I may get the same ahead of time, though I don't have the Edge yet, was kind of hoping for a Black Friday deal on one.

Seems like a better idea than having to replace the standard controllers often.

Back
Top Bottom