Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 146 62.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
Mate has expressed interest in the console, controllers and 3 of the games.

Not sure what to pitch it at (with some vague mates rates)
Looking at sold prices on the bay, PS5 disc versions are selling for 370-400, PS5 digital for 350ish.

If I was selling the console, the controllers and 3 games I'd just say for mates rates 400/425 for it all.

Got a couple of those stick modules for the Dual Sense Edge controller on that deal the other day, 2 for £10 seemed too good to pass up.

Hopefully they go on some kind of discount on Amazon for Black Friday, that will complete the set.

Got a couple of those stick modules for the Dual Sense Edge controller on that deal the other day, 2 for £10 seemed too good to pass up.

Hopefully they go on some kind of discount on Amazon for Black Friday, that will complete the set.
You got lucky, it was posted on Hot UK Deals and a short time later Sony wouldn’t allow anyone to buy 2 stick modules as part of the deal.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I see that Sony have just announced 2 new headsets for the PS5.. The Pulse Explorer (Buds) and the Pulse Elite. Pretty expensive at anticipated £199 for the Explorer buds and £149 for the Elite headset.

Oh and the Elite looks pretty goofy, just looks a bit like a modified Pulse 3D Set.

I am/was interested in the buds as they’d be great on hot days. £200 though? Nah that would be a pass from me.
The buds interest me as well for the same reason.

I bought some TRUTHEAR in-ear earphones at the start of the summer to use when it was really warm (great for work calls, great for games) so I think I'll just keep using those vs. spending 200 quid, 200 is a lot...

My PSN plus is up for renewal....

It's the Essentials level sub

Asking for £59.99 for the year!! What the hell I thought it was £40 for the year ,??

When did it get so expensive ??

Needing to register the disc drive is very peculiar and slightly concerning...

Requirement of some recent US law, drives now need to be verified. It's easier when the drive is just perma attached and not modifiable and you just have a firmware on the drive and player like bluray players use but now that its removable it gives a potential access point for pirate to try and use hacked drives, hence the always online connection to re-verify the drive

Last edited:
Requirement of some recent US law, drives now need to be verified. It's easier when the drive is just perma attached and not modifiable and you just have a firmware on the drive and player like bluray players use but now that its removable it gives a potential access point for pirate to try and use hacked drives, hence the always online connection to re-verify the drive
It makes some sense... Would it stop you from taking the disc drive off your PS5, taking it to a mates house with a copy of a game and then attaching it and using it there?

I was wondering if it's going to permanently associate the disc drive with the console - but then I guess that stops them being sold on at some point too? Is it confirmed to be an 'always online' connection required? That's properly annoying for anyone who just wants to play games offline via disc too.

It makes some sense... Would it stop you from taking the disc drive off your PS5, taking it to a mates house with a copy of a game and then attaching it and using it there?

I was wondering if it's going to permanently associate the disc drive with the console - but then I guess that stops them being sold on at some point too? Is it confirmed to be an 'always online' connection required? That's properly annoying for anyone who just wants to play games offline via disc too.
It’s a one time verification afaik

Back
Top Bottom