• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate

Any interest in this? Saw reviews popping up and I guess it releases tomorrow. Looks like decent tech but for a very limited use case. £200 is a little steep too.

Preordered this. I'll be trying out Aliens: Fireteam Elite to see how it handles that sort of game as I'm currently playing it, and probably load up Ghost of Tsushima to do the expansion I didn't do before.
£200 is a bit much considering non-OLED, but on the plus side it has proper pad controls and also in 2023 who knows what anything *should* cost anymore :cry:
I was a big Vita fan, it's the closest thing to it and I know it'll get loads of use over the next few years, so for me it was always going to be a case of take my money

Associate
Looking to buy ps5 for my niece Xmas present, see the console disc bundle price with COD3 is about £120 cheaper than other 1 game bundles, how come it’s a lot cheaper? Is Sony about to reduce price the for all consoles or just one off deal?

This seems by far the best value (buying for my son) by a long way..... COD3 isn't exactly a suitable game for his age though.

Hanging on to see if any other bundles are anywhere near that price next week.

If not, father Christmas might just have made a mistake and COD3 will be tucked away but the price difference will pay for Spiderman and FC24/Hogwarts!

Associate
Same here, reviews seem pretty positive though. Hoping they will eventually add the cloud gaming streaming to it, but that wont be soon i don't think.
Mine has just arrived! I've got a fairly busy work morning so I'll likely try and get it set up at lunch to see how it goes - then it'll be a test later to see how it is playing things like Diablo, Hades, God of War etc. all from the sofa whilst my wife watches the TV!

Soldato
There'll be discounts for Black Friday so it's worth hanging on. Extra is good value and the range of games is pretty vast, Premium has never seemed worth bothering with though.
Do you mean discounts for PS Plus, or games?

Edit: seems I would get 25% discount if I upgraded to Extra.
How often do they add new games? There’s only about 3-4 on there I would play

Last edited:
Caporegime
Do you mean discounts for PS Plus, or games?

Edit: seems I would get 25% discount if I upgraded to Extra.
How often do they add new games? There’s only about 3-4 on there I would play

You get three essential games at the beginning of the month and then something like 4-6 extra games in the middle of every month.

Soldato
Mine has just arrived! I've got a fairly busy work morning so I'll likely try and get it set up at lunch to see how it goes - then it'll be a test later to see how it is playing things like Diablo, Hades, God of War etc. all from the sofa whilst my wife watches the TV!
Mines is here, it takes about 15 mins to do updates when you first start it. I've had about 30 seconds of spider-man on it and it seems pretty slick.

On a weird note, i am glad sony have finally started to put in some effort into their packaging now.

Associate
On a weird note, i am glad sony have finally started to put in some effort into their packaging now.
Yeah, I loved the pull tab on the box and the general way it was packaged. Felt way more premium than when I unboxed my PS3 all those years ago and it was basically the console loose in a big cardboard box...

I've only had a few minutes with it - set everything up and got the updates done and played a small bit of Diablo. Seems good, picture quality is nice (I've got 330mbs internet and relatively good WiFi coverage across the house, and my PS5 is a wired connection) but I definitely feel the input latency. I guess that's something you get used to with the streaming devices. I'll put some more time in later and see how it goes.

Soldato
Received the Portal today, on a 1gb line it’s running pretty dire for me - tried FIFA and was as choppy as hell and blurry. Ran a speed test and everything pulling fine, strong signal etc.

Associate
Also had a quick blast on the Portal last night. The screen is really nice and vivid for an LCD, pleasantly surprised there. Input lag is noticeable but don't know how significant yet as not played something fast-paced - though I do have an old router so there's potential for improvement. It'd have been handy if it could also stream video via USB for no lag.

I also liked the packaging, however it's pretty ridiculous that there's no official case yet - priorities! Obviously there are a few Chinese ones on Amazon with fake reviews already, I'll give those a pass until something branded comes out.

Soldato
Also had a quick blast on the Portal last night. The screen is really nice and vivid for an LCD, pleasantly surprised there. Input lag is noticeable but don't know how significant yet as not played something fast-paced - though I do have an old router so there's potential for improvement. It'd have been handy if it could also stream video via USB for no lag.

I also liked the packaging, however it's pretty ridiculous that there's no official case yet - priorities! Obviously there are a few Chinese ones on Amazon with fake reviews already, I'll give those a pass until something branded comes out.
If it was mine i'd be counting the days until a tempered glass screen protector was available.

Last edited:
Soldato
I need some help.

Im currently on pay monthly for PS Plus essential.

I want to upgrade tomorrow (Black Friday) and pay for 12 months of EXTRA.

However, I can’t find anywhere to do this. When I explore the ‘upgrade’ option it only allows me to pay about £3 to upgrade for the rest of the month. How do I change to 12 months???

I don’t want to miss out on the 25% upgrade bonus for Black Friday

Back
Top Bottom