• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 661 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Looking to buy ps5 for my niece Xmas present, see the console disc bundle price with COD3 is about £120 cheaper than other 1 game bundles, how come it’s a lot cheaper? Is Sony about to reduce price the for all consoles or just one off deal?

Caporegime
Looking to buy ps5 for my niece Xmas present, see the console disc bundle price with COD3 is about £120 cheaper than other 1 game bundles, how come it’s a lot cheaper? Is Sony about to reduce price the for all consoles or just one off deal?

Flogging the old stock before the new Slim comes. Plus their internal sales figures are a bit low so they want to get those numbers up, presumably. More consoles sold = more people spending on PS+ and things.

Soldato
You think there won’t be a mid-refresh?

With the cost of development, and the money lost in hardware, this generation is going to be a long one.

A refreshed console is inevitable.

Add to that the person who leaked the “slim”, or rather PS5 with detachable disc drive (that was what he leaked out at the very start) has also leaked details of the specifications of the “pro”. This person has proven to be extremely reliable.

It all makes sense, the PS5 was released November 2020. A Pro released 2024 will be 4 years, so about half way through the gen and will likely be bundled with GTA 6 and sell like mad….

Having owned a PS4 Pro I find it hard to be excited about the prospect of a PS5 Pro at this point. It offered relatively little over a base PS4 and many games were never updated to take advantage of the extra power available. Plus the price is likely to be obscene this time round.
From early tests power consumption seems the same, so they’ve likely just reduced the size which could have negative implications on noise.

That's because the PS5 got a die shrink last year which already reduced the heat and power consumption, the heatsinks were already much smaller so there'll be no issues there.

Caporegime
Ratchet & Clank! I think that's in the extra catalogue, visually stunning game.
With having a new display, I feel compelled to go back and play all the games that I put on the shelf - mainly from the PS4 Pro era. So the likes of Infamous First Light, Mass Effect Andromeda, Assassins Creed Odyssey which I wanted to experience HDR with. Definitely be doing the PS5 stuff as well, of course.

Soldato
With having a new display, I feel compelled to go back and play all the games that I put on the shelf - mainly from the PS4 Pro era. So the likes of Infamous First Light, Mass Effect Andromeda, Assassins Creed Odyssey which I wanted to experience HDR with. Definitely be doing the PS5 stuff as well, of course.

Andromeda isn't even remotely redeemed with HDR lol.

Soldato
Eh, I thought it was one of the showcase titles for the PS4 Pro launch with HDR and 4K checkerboard?

EDIT: Sorry, misread your post. Not redeemed with HDR as it still is crap. :p

Lol, well I probably didn't play it enough to give a well constructed opinion but I dropped it very fast. If I recall, I got really annoyed by something really simple at the start like there was no way to compare weapons because they didn't have any stats.

Soldato
What are you all playing at the moment?

I think I’m finally going to play ghosts of tushima next
Oh you’re in for an absolute blast if you like AC style games.

I’m currently playing AC: Oddssysy again and I am enjoying it even though I initially found it rather repetitive. So far I’m lv20 and having a great time just causing chaos and hunting mercs on land.

Soldato
The Greek sun was almost blowing my eyes out on Odyssey and my T.V isn't even that bright.

Soldato
I’m playing through the first Dying Light this is my third attempt and I am loving it now. The 60fps performance mode they added is a game changer. Around 60% through the sp campaign.

Soldato
Got an email from Sony about the new headsets. Very much contemplating the Pulse Explore. Will wait and see how reviews pan out with music from the phone and other non gaming functions but they look decent value to me. Presuming they are as good as they say they are of course!
Wondering why they come with a usb dongle though. Would they not be able to connect bluetooth direct to the PS5 already?

Soldato
Sounds like it's Steelseries Arctis 7P+ then!

I was also seriously considering the bose quiet comforts but they can't correct wirelessly which kinda sucks

If you use non gaming Bluetooth headphones like the Bose you will be asking for a return within 5 minutes dont make that mistake

Back
Top Bottom