• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Associate
Is there a huge difference between the slim and the original? Is it worth paying a premium for the slim, or would it be better to buy the original if it is available for much cheaper?

Soldato
Is there a huge difference between the slim and the original? Is it worth paying a premium for the slim, or would it be better to buy the original if it is available for much cheaper?

Not really other than it’s a bit smaller and has a bit more internal SSD space. I would just buy whatever is cheaper tbh they do exactly the same.

Associate
Has anyone played the free Valhalla DLC for Gow: Ragnarok? I hadn't tried it since it was announced and then released but heard good things. Finally got round to downloading it earlier today and played for around 1h30 after lunch - it's brilliant!

It's amazing how well the game suits being a roguelite - and it's always nice getting familiar with fighting as Kratos again. I've had a lot of unsuccessful runs so far... but it is fun!
Rogue-like, Souls like, Zelda like,jesus I hate those stupid terms.

Associate
Rogue-like, Souls like, Zelda like,jesus I hate those stupid terms.
I think you might have misunderstood what the terms are...

Rougelike/rougelite is a type/genre of game, it's nothing at all related to 'Souls-like or 'Zelda-like'. Lies of a P is a Souls-like game because it's similar to the 'Dark Souls' format.

God of War Valhalla is a roguelite - because that's the type of mode it is.

Roguelike is also different to Roguelite.

Roguelike means no post run progression, if you die you start over from scratch with no advantage. Roguelite means it has post run progression, you die but keep something which you can use to make the next run easier.

Associate

Roguelike means no post run progression, if you die you start over from scratch with no advantage. Roguelite means it has post run progression, you die but keep something which you can use to make the next run easier.
I've certainly learnt something, I assumed the terms were interchangeable and meant something altogether different. Thanks for educating!

Associate
I think you might have misunderstood what the terms are...

Rougelike/rougelite is a type/genre of game, it's nothing at all related to 'Souls-like or 'Zelda-like'. Lies of a P is a Souls-like game because it's similar to the 'Dark Souls' format.

Lol whatever. No disrespect,to me all these names just sound stupid. I grew up playing Centipede on Atari 2600,then I had my own(gifted) Amstrad CPC 464, complete with green monitor. In all my years of gaming I've never heard anything so stupid. 'Rougelite' Lmao. Maybe I'm getting too old for this poo.
I understand 'souls like' Because Dark Souls was a sleeper hit. Nioh would be a 'souls like ' Oh look it looks and plays like Mario! It's a 'Mario like' It's a Sonic like. It's a Wipeout like. See what I mean? Where does it end?

*I will add that GOW to me is action/adventure. Nioh is action RPG. Not 'rougelite' or whatever you're on about. So tell me what do you classify Resident Evil 2 remake as?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lol whatever. No disrespect,to me all these names just sound stupid. I grew up playing Centipede on Atari 2600,then I had my own(gifted) Amstrad CPC 464, complete with green monitor. In all my years of gaming I've never heard anything so stupid. 'Rougelite' Lmao. Maybe I'm getting too old for this poo.
I understand 'souls like' Because Dark Souls was a sleeper hit. Nioh would be a 'souls like ' Oh look it looks and plays like Mario! It's a 'Mario like' It's a Sonic like. It's a Wipeout like. See what I mean? Where does it end?

*I will add that GOW to me is action/adventure. Nioh is action RPG. Not 'rougelite' or whatever you're on about. So tell me what do you classify Resident Evil 2 remake as?
Old man yelling at cloud moment here.

Souls like isn’t because dark souls was a sleeper hit it’s because a game has similar mechanics to that game, hence why Lies of P is a souls like

Associate

Are you alright? Why is the name of a genre of a game getting you this irritated?!

I have never heard anyone say Sonic-like or Wipeout-like… This is also not even the point! Rougelike/lite is a genre. It's like getting annoyed at 'first person shooter' or RTS, RPG etc. God of War is 100% a third person action adventure game - but the Valhalla DLC for God of War Ragnarok (WHICH IS WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT) is a roguelite. Feel free to browse the Steam category for 'Roguelite' - there are over 3000 games here. There isn't a category on Steam for 'sonic-like'.

If I'd called it 'Hades-like' then I can understand why you'd maybe be a bit irritated but roguelite is the genre - and that genre has been around since the 80s.

Associate
Are you alright? Why is the name of a genre of a game getting you this irritated?!

I have never heard anyone say Sonic-like or Wipeout-like… This is also not even the point! Rougelike/lite is a genre. It's like getting annoyed at 'first person shooter' or RTS, RPG etc. God of War is 100% a third person action adventure game - but the Valhalla DLC for God of War Ragnarok (WHICH IS WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT) is a roguelite. Feel free to browse the Steam category for 'Roguelite' - there are over 3000 games here. There isn't a category on Steam for 'sonic-like'.

If I'd called it 'Hades-like' then I can understand why you'd maybe be a bit irritated but roguelite is the genre - and that genre has been around since the 80s.
Keep your knickers on pal,no need to shout. At no point did I say it wasn't a category, it's a new thing youngsters have come up with.I just find it to sound stupid.And you didn't answer my question.

*And I don't care what you call Valhalla. It's an expansion dlc. Rougelite........ Lmao.

Last edited:
Associate
Keep your knickers on pal,no need to shout. At no point did I say it wasn't a category, it's a new thing youngsters have come up with.I just find it to sound stupid.And you didn't answer my question.
Come on mate, what are you trying to do here?

It's not a new thing youngsters have come up with, it's literally been the name of the category/genre since the 80s.

Why do you want me to answer your nonsense question about RE2? It's a horror survival game isn't it? What has that got to do with a roguelite game?

Soldato
well gave in n snagged a disc ps5 from currys clearance with mw3 plus added benefit of 12 month warranty , sad state of gpu pricing forced me hand. did have a digital but disc gives access to cheaper games.GT7 here i come again :D

Associate
Come on mate, what are you trying to do here?

It's not a new thing youngsters have come up with, it's literally been the name of the category/genre since the 80s.

Why do you want me to answer your nonsense question about RE2? It's a horror survival game isn't it? What has that got to do with a roguelite game?
I can see you're not the rational conversation type. You're right, I'm wrong,you get 3 points ok? Now go tuck yourself in with your bottle.
*Also does that make RE2 a rogue-like or a rogue lite? This is next level stuff man. Imagine sitting next to your date/girlfriend trying to explain this conundrum. She'd be out the door pronto.

Last edited:
Soldato
The goat is coming back

Until Dawn remade in Unreal Engine 5 coming to PC and PS5.

Being in a new engine the visuals are updated as are the animations. They are also adding a new camera system, new musical score for the game, new areas to explore and new secrets to find.

Soldato
The goat is coming back

Until Dawn remade in Unreal Engine 5 coming to PC and PS5.

Being in a new engine the visuals are updated as are the animations. They are also adding a new camera system, new musical score for the game, new areas to explore and new secrets to find.

Hopefully they minimise the cheap, lame QTE deaths and make QTE’s more forgiving as they did in The Quarry.

Back
Top Bottom