• Digital Only Version

Votes: 172 16.2%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
That’s my thoughts. I’m assuming if there were a pro/slim ps5 model update later this year pricing of the product stack would be along the lines of :-

PS5 slim digital- £300
PS5 slim disc - £400
PS5 Pro - £600

Is there a market for a console at that price? I’m not sure?

Plus if it doesn’t sell well will developers make the effort to improve games for it and/or update existing titles.

I suppose one potential advantage is that if we do get upgraded ps5 pro games presumably the PS6 could run those versions as well when it eventually sees the light of day.
At £600 I'd buy a new GPU.

I think you're right though, a PS6 would play any pro games. It'd probably be a bit like the PS5 games that had PS4 variants.

Think I'll stick to my current process. Wait for the Slim and buy a GPU in between, switching majority of gaming between the Playstation and my pc.

Soldato
Details on the new AC Red game, insider gaming says they have been sent footage of the game from an Ubisoft developer:

To start, the Assassin’s Creed franchise as a whole isn’t moving to a new engine necessarily, but will be using a substantial evolution of it named the ‘Anvil Pipeline’, Assassin’s Creed will benefit visually from the lines of ray-traced global illumination and virtual geometry.

The move to the Anvil Pipeline has meant that the teams have had to completely overhaul everything in the series, too, including animations, its parkour system, dynamic weather, and more.

Combat in Assassin’s Creed Red looks somewhat similar to Valhalla, but featuring a lot more gore and decapitations. Stealth also plays a major role in Red, the player can extinguish torches, hide in tall grass and bushes, and even go prone whenever they please.

The footage also showed a major evolution to the Valhalla Settlement feature. In Red, players will be able to build their settlement in a big way named the ‘Hideout’. The Hideout is where the player will be able to build, at their own will, the likes of an armory, dojo, alter, and more. These buildings are customizable, too, from being able to pick the building location, to being able to choose your roof design to the interior layout and where you can display the likes of your weapons and armor can be displayed.

Overall, the Assassin’s Creed franchise is taking a gigantic leap and the first glimpse and Red Will he officially revealed in the coming months.

Last edited:
Associate
Details on the new AC Red game, insider gaming says they have been sent footage of the game from an Ubisoft developer:

To start, the Assassin’s Creed franchise as a whole isn’t moving to a new engine necessarily, but will be using a substantial evolution of it named the ‘Anvil Pipeline’, Assassin’s Creed will benefit visually from the lines of ray-traced global illumination and virtual geometry.

The move to the Anvil Pipeline has meant that the teams have had to completely overhaul everything in the series, too, including animations, its parkour system, dynamic weather, and more.

Combat in Assassin’s Creed Red looks somewhat similar to Valhalla, but featuring a lot more gore and decapitations. Stealth also plays a major role in Red, the player can extinguish torches, hide in tall grass and bushes, and even go prone whenever they please.

The footage also showed a major evolution to the Valhalla Settlement feature. In Red, players will be able to build their settlement in a big way named the ‘Hideout’. The Hideout is where the player will be able to build, at their own will, the likes of an armory, dojo, alter, and more. These buildings are customizable, too, from being able to pick the building location, to being able to choose your roof design to the interior layout and where you can display the likes of your weapons and armor can be displayed.

Overall, the Assassin’s Creed franchise is taking a gigantic leap and our first glimpse and Red Will he officially revealed in the coming months.
I always get a little excited when a new assassins creed game comes out, love having them all. I always remind myself i somehow stop playing them after about an hour and always tell myself i'll finish them all one day. Probably another day one purchase haha

Soldato

Overall, the Assassin’s Creed franchise is taking a gigantic leap and the first glimpse and Red Will he officially revealed in the coming months.

That sounds right up my street.

Last edited:
Soldato
Stellar Blade demo got released early (and then pulled by Sony lol!).

Happy to see that it's basically looking like what I expect, which is DMC/Bayonetta/Nier blended together.

Was already on my watch list to buy but hyped to get into the demo and get hands on with it when the demo drops again.

Soldato
Same but I think it will come back soon, and in the middle of FF7 and Unicorn Overlord anyway!

Almost too many games lately, got Dragons Dogma 2 and Rise of the Ronin dropping on 22/03 as well for even more!
Reading the opinions of people who actually got to play it, it’s very good. Graphics are phenomenal, and the swordplay / fighting is tight. The world and enemies are also fantastic.

I have it pre ordered. I hope it’s not too difficult. :D

Soldato
I read you can turn down the difficulty if you want, I tend to start most things on normal or hard depending on how fun the game is.

If the game is good I'll usually try on hard for a bit as I like a challenge, I do appreciate games that let me flip down to normal though if I want to. I like the ones that don't let you flip back even more as it feels more like a permanent change then :)

Soldato
My main complaint with Nier, was lack of enemy variety tbh. It was seriously lacking.. like those little round robot things were boring as hell to fight. Shelved it in the end.

Associate
I managed to grab the demo on my US account and play through it before they slapped on the lockdown. I wasn't expecting the general Souls-ness of it. The movement isn't slow or anything but I thought it might feel more snappy like Nier or Bayonetta from the early trailers. The skill moves are where all the flashy Nier/Bayo actions appear and put it apart from the regular Souls games. Performance was very solid in the default balanced mode. I'll probably hold off on this one, so much to play currently!

Back
Top Bottom