Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 28 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 151 62.4%
  • No (other)

Votes: 51 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.0%

• Total voters
Got my first ace on Valorant on PS5, I'm still really pleasantly surprised at how well they've managed to make the controls/game feel on console compared to PC.

I can see this + Elden Ring being all I play for the next month or so!

Got my first ace on Valorant on PS5, I'm still really pleasantly surprised at how well they've managed to make the controls/game feel on console compared to PC.

trying to play this on pc with pad, but its a nightmare setting up with wsad which in turn cause issues with software on pc, cant wait to get into in on ps5

Was it fine before?
I haven't got one but I hear mixed opinions on whether I get one or not.

Yeah was fine before I have reset my network and it has helped but it’s still not as rock solid as it was before. They are good especially for people like me with kids that hog the tv. I can play fallout whilst watching Disneys finest in peace…… lol

Yeah was fine before I have reset my network and it has helped but it’s still not as rock solid as it was before. They are good especially for people like me with kids that hog the tv. I can play fallout whilst watching Disneys finest in peace…… lol
It's tempting...
I've spent to much money recently so holding off but maybe at Christmas time.

Can't believe ive only just started using the wish list feature on the playstation app on the store.

Getting some good deals when they go on sale. All be it the games are a few years old.

Wow, finally got around to playing and finishing The Last of Us Part 2 and it's genuinely one of the best games I've ever played. It's incredible and looks stunning too.

I remember all the hate it got when it first came out and I must admit the user reviews did sway me a bit and I ended up putting it off for years. Glad to have finally caved in and bought it when it was on sale though as I seem to have had a completely different experience to what those reviews were saying.

Wow, finally got around to playing and finishing The Last of Us Part 2 and it's genuinely one of the best games I've ever played. It's incredible and looks stunning too.

I remember all the hate it got when it first came out and I must admit the user reviews did sway me a bit and I ended up putting it off for years. Glad to have finally caved in and bought it when it was on sale though as I seem to have had a completely different experience to what those reviews were saying.
Absolutely. It’s brilliant in every way.

Nice still trying to get into it might have 5 spare codes if they still work if anyone wants?

I feel privileged to live in a world where I can spend £8.74 on a game in the sale and it be one of the most brutal, thought provoking and enjoyable gaming experiences I’ve had in years.

Ok I played it several years after release, but even so, it didn’t lose any impact. Brilliant game only let down by some repetitive game mechanics.

I’ll play through it remastered at some point, but man I still feel drained from the first play through. It’s like the best and the worst of humanity all at once.

I think many reviewers were just mad about Joel and couldn’t get past it, or the fact that Ellie grew up. Shame for them as they were the losers.

Last edited:
I feel privileged to live in a world where I can spend £8.74 on a game in the sale and it be one of the most brutal, thought provoking and enjoyable gaming experiences I’ve had in years.

Ok I played it several years after release, but even so, it didn’t lose any impact. Brilliant game only let down by some repetitive game mechanics.

I’ll play through it remastered at some point, but man I still feel drained from the first play through. It’s like the best and the worst of humanity all at once.

I think many reviewers were just mad about Joel and couldn’t get past it, or the fact that Ellie grew up. Shame for them as they were the losers.
Totally agree. I thought it was superb.
I've said it before on here but I played through PS5 remake of part one then PS4 version of part two shortly after (disc versions). Both on a PS5 on an LG OLED. Couldn't tell the difference graphically tbh.

I think many reviewers were just mad about Joel and couldn’t get past it, or the fact that Ellie grew up. Shame for them as they were the losers
I don't recall the reviews at the time, I typically don't bother with 'critics' and try to look at a broad range of user reviews generally, but there were quite a few reasons why people disliked it (or bits of it), and didn't hold it in such high regards as the first outing.

I'll not dredge it all back up, as there is an old thread on it here - so if you really wanted to get a feel for where people were at with it, you can always search that thread and have a mooch. If not, then just enjoy your game, and don't give it any more thought than that - people like different things after all; they certainly didn't lose anything of they never liked it in the first place

Yeah it didn't deserve all the negative reviews from some which based on just a few things, it pretty much got negativity from some based on one key event and how some parts of the story didn't meet with their agenda. It's a masterclass game, up there with the first game for me, in some ways it exceeded it.

The hate seemed to come from the fact that you play as another character that isn't Joel or Ellie. And the fact that
Joel gets killed by that character
It was just a load of fanboys doing fanboy nonsense.

Last edited:
I didn't get what all the hate was about either, it was a good game imo.

I think it was brave to do it, but as this game world is about survival and no one character can or should survive it just because they are a popular character with players, it was perfect for the story I felt. Abby was just the same, surviving like Joel, we just didn't know enough about her early on, so some players just hated that fact of what had happened because they were used to playing as him and knew his back story. By the end I was enjoying playing as Abby, once we got to know more about her.

One thing I love about the game is how well it develops the back story of the main characters.

Last edited:
I didn't get what all the hate was about either, it was a good game imo.
I think a lot of people didn't like that their favourite character wasn't perfect - and they probably saw a lot of themselves in that character.

So when that character gets absolutely battered to death by a new character that they don't like then it's going to cause a negative reaction and some people really went for the negative reaction

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom