Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 151 61.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 52 21.3%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters
I'm fascinated to see how pssr on the pro performs (sonys dlss copy) on my 4070 based laptop dlss is a game changer if its anywhere close to nvidias implementation we are in for a treat.
Perhaps, depends on what developers plan to do with the extra performance. If it's mostly for raytracing then I think it'll be underwhelming as the rumoured specs for PS5 Pro aren't that impressive especially when compared to the latest GPUs. And the CPU is barely an upgrade from the base PS5 ( slightly higher clock speeds ).

I'm fascinated to see how pssr on the pro performs (sonys dlss copy) on my 4070 based laptop dlss is a game changer if its anywhere close to nvidias implementation we are in for a treat.
This is the thing I'm most interested in, dlss is pure magic. Having something close to that on console is a complete game changer.

Will the jump from PS5 to Pro be more noticeable than the jump from PS4 to pro was, because, frankly, that was quite disappointing

It remains to be seen but potentially not unless you're on a newer, higher-end TV with VRR etc as I can see that being where some of the extra power is focused.

I think the relative lack of actual games to take advantage of all that power is the bigger issue. That's not to say this gen has no games by any stretch, but Sony's trademark exclusives which usually showcase the power of their consoles are rather thin on the ground this gen, and I can't imagine PSVR2 seeing much meaningful improvement either. It will be interesting to see what the actual selling point is.

I’m not sure it will bring much. Remains to be seen, obviously. The Pro wasn’t enough for me to consider it and I’m not sure that this will be either.
I guess it depends what they are doing with it. If its just a tweaked version of the Zen2 platform that the current PS5 uses then i cant see it being worth the upgrade. If they have managed to get a CPU fabbed, fitted and working based on ZEN3 or 4 then it could be a big difference. I am hoping that it will be a decent jump in performance. The current PS5 hasnt sold as well as Sony had wanted, moreso with the PSVR2 so bringing out a new console that they expect people, whom likely already have a PS5, to fork out a huge amount of money for a small incremental update then i can see it being a big flop.

Strange to see the really low user scores on Metacritic for Star Wars Outlaws. 4.3 out of 10?

I'm finding it pretty decent, even for a Ubisoft game. 20 hours in so far and not bored at all.

Strange to see the really low user scores on Metacritic for Star Wars Outlaws. 4.3 out of 10?

I'm finding it pretty decent, even for a Ubisoft game. 20 hours in so far and not bored at all.
Same. Having a good time with it. People just like to bash stuff. It’s not perfect but nothing ever is. It’s certainly decent enough and a nice change to the usual SW force/lightsaber stuff which has been done to death.

Tbh if you took away the Star-Wars paint job it’s a very mediocre cover sneak/shooter. It’s ok at best. The end is better than the beginning but it’s still the same bland fetch/climb/cover/shoot. It feels like they took an Assassins creed and stripped it back but went a bit too far.

Back
Top Bottom