Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 29 11.9%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 151 62.1%
  • No (other)

Votes: 51 21.0%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters
Is £149 a fairly good price for the WD sn850x (heatsink) 2tb m.2 drive? wondering if it been cheaper?

I had a cheaper drive before that failed after a few months so want to go with a more well known brand this time. I take it the above works fine in the PS5.

Last edited:
Is £149 a fairly good price for the WD sn850x (heatsink) 2tb m.2 drive? wondering if it been cheaper?

I had a cheaper drive before that failed after a few months so want to go with a more well known brand this time. I take it the above works fine in the PS5.
I have the SN850X with the heatsink, always been fine in my PS5 - but they have been cheaper at points so it depends if you can hang on for a bit or need it right away!

I'd suspect some drops around black friday, as is the usual case for these things!

I paid £155 in June when I fitted a 2TB WD_BLACK SN850X. And yes it works great (replaced a two year old 1TB SN850 which also worked great).

Not sure if and when it might get cheaper, but I suppose it depends on how quickly you want the extra storage.

Lowest recent price I can see is £132 during Amazon Prime day, might go cheap again for Black Friday but £149 isn't bad in comparison.

Why no Concord thread?

This Concord, the one where Gollum the worst game of 2023 had more concurrent users? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

What a trainwreck.

Screenshot-2024-08-25-102520.png

Why no Concord thread?
It's such a strange release. A 35 quid 5v5 team based fps objective that's only on PC and PS5 - and apparently was in development for 5 years??!

I actually played the beta, it's not a terrible game at all and it is quite fun but it's nothing new or different and you have to buy this live service game.

Does anyone have any observations on PS5 performance for Dying Light 2?
I've got the boxed version coming today but I'll likely send it back since finding out the story doesn't properly carry on over from the first game. I read that the game can run in 4k30 which is frankly poor imo.

I've got the boxed version coming today but I'll likely send it back since finding out the story doesn't properly carry on over from the first game. I read that the game can run in 4k30 which is frankly poor imo.
Played it earlier on this year and thought it ran really well.

I'd give it a chance - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just saw the advert for new Astrobot. That bundled game was the best thing I played on PS5. Almost makes me want another.

Astrobot was fantastic, loved the way they showed off the pad's features, graphics and all of the Sony fanservice.

When I heard the new one was coming out this Autumn I wondered if it'd be a PS5 Pro launch title, sadly not, sure it'll be great though.

Astrobot was fantastic, loved the way they showed off the pad's features, graphics and all of the Sony fanservice.

When I heard the new one was coming out this Autumn I wondered if it'd be a PS5 Pro launch title, sadly not, sure it'll be great though.

I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if it wasn't for the fact I had all the nostalgia and understood all the references. I did always hope they'd make another game though, like a more proper one I guess.
If the PS5 Pro launches this year, I might get it and astrobot or if the upgrade isn't really worth it for me then I'll just get a cheaper PS5.

Last edited:

It ran fine for me, but didn't save it from the fact it felt like a proper poor follow up to the first - which I loved!

I just did not like the second, it felt like they had taken too many steps backwards with the second outing, one of the most annoying ones was how they have changed the 'runner' Zombies. They used to be a bit of a punishment in the first game, where using guns/explosives would summon them to you - but in this second game they just rock up when your looting bins.

Can't ever see me playing it again, so it's just sat in my games drawer now

Looking forward to Astrobot ; wish Sony made more of these type of games. The cinematic AAA titles are all well & good, but variety is the spice of life, as they say.

The only problem is September is a stacked month for games : Space Marine 2, Astrobot, Age of Mythology Retold, The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom. And I still have Black Myth: Wukong to finish ( hopefully will within the next week ).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom