Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Tested few more games with Atmos, it's really cool even in games with no overhead effects. It's hard to explain but the ps5 games that have native 3D audio support sound amazing, moving objects in the World sounds fantastic, much more dynamic and alive than normal 5.1 can do.

Games I've tried so far that have really good Atmos effects: Astrobot, Returnal, Demon Souls, Horizon Forbidden west

It can be a bit overwhelming at times; like the dragon in demon souls actually gave me a fright the first time I heard it, then I switched between Atmos and Dolby 5.1 and the difference was huge, the dragon in Atmos sounds like it's in the room with me and it's roar is spine tingling. And returnal is even more overwhelming, with lazer weapons going off all over the place and enemies flying around everywhere, it's a symphony of a dozen directional audio effects all at once

Tested few more games with Atmos, it's really cool even in games with no overhead effects. It's hard to explain but the ps5 games that have native 3D audio support sound amazing, moving objects in the World sounds fantastic, much more dynamic and alive than normal 5.1 can do.

Games I've tried so far that have really good Atmos effects: Astrobot, Returnal, Demon Souls, Horizon Forbidden west

It can be a bit overwhelming at times; like the dragon in demon souls actually gave me a fright the first time I heard it, then I switched between Atmos and Dolby 5.1 and the difference was huge, the dragon in Atmos sounds like it's in the room with me and it's roar is spine tingling. And returnal is even more overwhelming, with lazer weapons going off all over the place and enemies flying around everywhere, it's a symphony of a dozen directional audio effects all at once
Will this atmos thing work with my arctis pro headset ? Sounds awesome !

The Atmos update has been brilliant. Hogwart’s Legacy sounded a bit dodgy using the previous 7.1 upmix setting on my Samsung soundbar with surrounds. It now sounds way more immersive and ”accurate”.

It's being amazing so far. I can't get enough of it. I didn't expect it to be that much better than normal 5.1 for me, but it's blown me out of the water

For the premium level, how do you know which games are on there vs ones that have been 'bought' as part of ps plus? I'm a bit concerned I'll get halfway through a game then it will get pulled.

Treated myself to AC Valhalla Complete Edition for £35 on the current psn sale (70% off). Although I have 100% completed the base game on physical I had none of the DLC and I fancy another playthrough from scratch including all the extra content before Mirage releases.

In other news Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting a ps5 update in the future - no details on dates or if it's free yet - but next time it's on sale it might be worth grabbing a copy cheap before it inevitably shoots up in price.

Treated myself to AC Valhalla Complete Edition for £35 on the current psn sale (70% off). Although I have 100% completed the base game on physical I had none of the DLC and I fancy another playthrough from scratch including all the extra content before Mirage releases.

In other news Red Dead Redemption 2 is getting a ps5 update in the future - no details on dates or if it's free yet - but next time it's on sale it might be worth grabbing a copy cheap before it inevitably shoots up in price.
I'm not sure 2K knows what the word free means. It will be a paid version.

Anybody know the best place to pickup Mortal Kombat 1..?

I've never bought new PS5 games, only use PSN and bought the odd 2nd hand game
£70+ is a large pill to swallow for a game which I know will be in bargain bins a year or two down the line :(

Where did you hear this from?

Back
Top Bottom