Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 40 14.3%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 167 59.9%
  • No (other)

Votes: 59 21.1%
  • Pancake

Votes: 13 4.7%

• Total voters
Inbetween ac6 sessions I have installed a bunch of games on my new 2tb internal drive.

I have 50 ps5 games installed and 25 ps4 games for a total of 75 games plus a few media apps.

This leaves 100gb free on the og internal drive and 180gb free on the 2tb drive for updates.

Anyone figured out how to cancel a premium sub and buy an extra sub before the prices go up tomorrow?

If I cancel my sub I can’t seem to then buy an extra sub - I can only reactivate the premium sub and then change it to extra. But payment won’t be till 8th September when the original premium sub expires which is after the £20 price hike lands tomorrow…….

Last edited:
I don't think you can do that, the sub cancel only means they won't try to charge you for a renewal once it expires.

I wanted to grab a cheaper 12-month Essential code to convert it to 7 additional months of Extra but I decided to wait till my Extra runs out in December. If the BF deals are acceptable and the tiers actually get better games, I'll renew along the way. If not, bye P$+.

Last edited:
Is it worth getting? I played the free demo and enjoyed it - but didn't really get enough of a taste to work out if it's worth buying the full game or not!
It's tough to say, I really like it but I can admit that the combat is pretty basic, I got it part of PS+ and I think if I had to buy it I'd wait for sale, I believe chained echoes would be better buy right now

Turkish PSN subs have gone up 600% BTW. People abusing the system and buying decades long subs no doubt had a bearing on the steep rise as Sony seem to have mostly abandoned the regional pricing.

Last edited:
Honestly not surprised, loads of digital stores has done that over years cause of people abusing it
Screws the actual Turkish subbers though, but I guess Sony thought that regaining some of the money lost from foreigners buying subs from there would off-set the lost subs of the Turkish people who can no longer afford it.

Weird last night. Fired up the PS5 and as always fan hums loud at the start as it loads then settles to a faint hum. I have a unit under my TV that is solid so never moves, both the PS and the Xbox sit inside behind grated doors. Gets pretty hot over here in Summer and that top floor of my house is probably the hottest but never had an overheating problem. Wasn't even that warm yesterday although picking up a bit as we creep out of winter. I never dust in there even though I should and our cleaner never does either. After 20 minutes play, during a cutscene the thing just turned off. Presumed it had over heated, the buttons on the front were doing nothing and it wouldnt turn back on with the controller either. Checked behind the unit and the power chord had worked its way completely out. Plugged it back in and it was good to go after warning me to never turn it off again while its running. Never had that happen before.

Weird last night. Fired up the PS5 and as always fan hums loud at the start as it loads then settles to a faint hum. I have a unit under my TV that is solid so never moves, both the PS and the Xbox sit inside behind grated doors. Gets pretty hot over here in Summer and that top floor of my house is probably the hottest but never had an overheating problem. Wasn't even that warm yesterday although picking up a bit as we creep out of winter. I never dust in there even though I should and our cleaner never does either. After 20 minutes play, during a cutscene the thing just turned off. Presumed it had over heated, the buttons on the front were doing nothing and it wouldnt turn back on with the controller either. Checked behind the unit and the power chord had worked its way completely out. Plugged it back in and it was good to go after warning me to never turn it off again while its running. Never had that happen before.
I've hard them cords come lose, but not out. I don't know how it happens though (magic?). I've got some at work that clip onto the earth pin so they can't work lose, but iirc there's no earth pin on the ps5 so that wouldn't work (but I like the idea of it).

That's mega odd, I know the heat coming out the back of the PS5 can make things like the ethernet cables a bit loose but never enough for the power cable to come out.

You haven't got any troublesome pets or children that are messing with you, have you? My daughter adores pressing the power button on the PS5 to make it beep...

Turkish PSN subs have gone up 600% BTW. People abusing the system and buying decades long subs no doubt had a bearing on the steep rise as Sony seem to have mostly abandoned the regional pricing.
Cloud Backup's are kind of important, so I never really saw the point of PS+ from foreign accounts as you didn't get that feature.
I guess if all you wanted was online plus the monthly games it was worth it.

But yer, not really any surprise - everyone will abuse anything they see online. I swear, half these "mis-priced" items people stumble across, I am convinced if a few people put in an order, they will get honoured. But every single time you see someone with a screengrab buying 10 and then their in shock when they all get cancelled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom