Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 146 62.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
I'll let you know once I buy a newer OLED that supports HDMI 2.1 and VRR :p

I mean i'm sure 40 is better than 30, but I've never really seen 40 to experience it with my own eyes. I think Youtube only supports 30, 60 and 120.

p.s. I didn't even know Tekken 8 is upon us, thought it was next year.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like much on paper but trust me, it feels much better when you try it out yourself.

It's about frametime and the overall perception of gameplay is much closer to 60fps than 30fps, especially in those titles that allow you to run 40fps unlocked with VRR, like Spiderman for example, as you get 40fps baseline but the game will still push as much frames as possible while VRR will smooth out the stuttering. It's not entirely as smooth as 60fps obviously but you get used to it very quickly, unlike 30fps, while retaining higher IQ.

Tekken 8 indeed releases next year but I've been selected for the closed network test and already played in in July, closed beta starts tomorrow and I'm automatically granted access:)

We get questionnaires to fill afterwards and there have already been significant gameplay changes since July so they're listening to the feedback, it seems:P

I don't really post much in these parts anymore, but is it worth creating a Spider-Man 2 separate thread?

Inevitably I will post a lot more in the next few days while the game is new :)

rp2000

You know, over the years Ive noticed that this sub forum doesn't get a lot of its own threads on games anymore, I remember years ago there was a lot more threads on all the games and constant posts on them. Apart from the odd thread in here it's not as lively as it once was.

Last edited:
You know, over the years Ive noticed that this sub forum doesn't get a lot of its own threads on games anymore, I remember years ago there was a lot more threads on all the games and constant posts on them. Apart from the odd thread in here it's not as lively as it once was.
I think a lot of that has happened since most console games now also end up on PC, and there's usually more traffic in the PC gaming sub

Yep, me too. That's why I thought I'd check in case it was some new rule I'd missed.

I recall Forza Horizon 5, more posts in PC games than consoles! How times have changed!

I still remember th good old days in here where Avery big Xbox game or PS game got its own mutlipage thread (even if half of it was pictures of bread and delivery updates!) :D

rp2000

Majority of games now are remasters, sequels or just copy and pastes from something else. Released overhyped, buggy, unfinished and uninspired. I feel with gamepass and PS+ we are getting a lot of these games for "free" which somewhat quels the disappointment into an almost silent acceptance of mediocrity. Hence no threads.

There is currently a "Bundle and save" offer on the PSN Store Shop currently. If you buy 2 items you get £30 off if you are a Plus member. I just got 2x Dualsense Charging Docs for £20 so a tenner each. Another deal i noticed was the Dualsense Edge replacement thumbsticks are £20 each so if you have that controller and want a couple of spare thumbsticks it will cost you a tenner.. :D

There is currently a "Bundle and save" offer on the PSN Store Shop currently. If you buy 2 items you get £30 off if you are a Plus member. I just got 2x Dualsense Charging Docs for £20 so a tenner each. Another deal i noticed was the Dualsense Edge replacement thumbsticks are £20 each so if you have that controller and want a couple of spare thumbsticks it will cost you a tenner.. :D
Good deal that. Just got an additional controller plus the charging hub for a fiver less than the price of the controller alone.

Back
Top Bottom