Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 146 62.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
Spider-Man 1 had the best story, Miles Morales had the best 'combat' and web-swinging (story was a bit meh) but I love New York in the Winter so I enjoyed it - then Spider-Man 2 took the improvements from both those games and built on it.

I enjoyed Spider-Man 2 - but definitely didn't feel the story was as good as the first game and dragged a little towards the end.

Release revision had issues with Ram getting rather hot due to poor contact to the alloy frame. This was fixed in the Rev 2 model.
And yet i am still using my release PS5 with no issues at all. I think it was a non issue that was amplified by the likes of Steve at Gamers Nexus. I am pretty sure i saw a youtube video a little while ago where they tested the temps, framerate etc using the stock cooling (with possibly dodgy contact) then replaced the thermal pads to make "better" contact and then they trimmed the metal and fitted small heatsinks and.. it didnt make any difference whatsoever. There are millions of release consoles out there like mine that are still plodding along with no issues with "poor" contact.

And yet i am still using my release PS5 with no issues at all. I think it was a non issue that was amplified by the likes of Steve at Gamers Nexus. I am pretty sure i saw a youtube video a little while ago where they tested the temps, framerate etc using the stock cooling (with possibly dodgy contact) then replaced the thermal pads to make "better" contact and then they trimmed the metal and fitted small heatsinks and.. it didnt make any difference whatsoever. There are millions of release consoles out there like mine that are still plodding along with no issues with "poor" contact.

Mine is still working fine too just pointing out that it was an issue as Sony fixed it in the Rev 2 models.

I dont recall that was one of the fixes with the revision i thought it just a reduction in the heatsink but i guess it is conceivable that they modified it with that in mind.

The RAM temps are considerably lower on the rev 2 onwards, The contact points are larger on the metal frame. They are within limits on launch model but only just. The main heatsink change made no difference to APU temps or operation.

Not had any issues with my launch model yet either only time will tell.

Wish PlayStation were a bit more vocal on when us UK peeps can pre order the new model.

Think they are too busy banging out the deals on the old version. Saw MW3 optical version with the game for £386 this morning.
Yeah - was gonna say, all of the deals now on PS direct or in Game/Smyths etc. are all about the current version with MW3 bundled in.

Excuse me if this has already been covered.....

The lad has been a vert good boy this year to be fair..... so the family are thinking of getting together and getting a PS5 for Christmas for him (it's the only thing he'd like and get good value out of too).

He's 11/12..... looking at Fortnite, Spiderman games, FIFA/whatever its called now. Then other suitable games onwards.

The digital only version seems the less faff. Is this the way to go for these consoles
(Never been clued in to consoles).

What's the best way for family members to buy him a game of its all digital based?

Any lastly.... where's the best place for deals? Am thinking of holding on for black Friday obvs...

I've been looking and not sure whether to buy the console solo or hunt around for one with a bundled game but some of the bundles don't seem that suitable.

Any thoughts or pointers much appreciated!

Excuse me if this has already been covered.....

The lad has been a vert good boy this year to be fair..... so the family are thinking of getting together and getting a PS5 for Christmas for him (it's the only thing he'd like and get good value out of too).

He's 11/12..... looking at Fortnite, Spiderman games, FIFA/whatever its called now. Then other suitable games onwards.

The digital only version seems the less faff. Is this the way to go for these consoles
(Never been clued in to consoles).

What's the best way for family members to buy him a game of its all digital based?

Any lastly.... where's the best place for deals? Am thinking of holding on for black Friday obvs...

I've been looking and not sure whether to buy the console solo or hunt around for one with a bundled game but some of the bundles don't seem that suitable.

Any thoughts or pointers much appreciated!
I would say it's probably better to go for the disk. Physical games can usually be bought for significantly cheaper, especially slightly older ones and you also have the benefit of family members just being able to get him a game for Christmas

Back
Top Bottom