Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.5%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 147 62.8%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.5%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.1%

• Total voters
anyone have a recommendation for a headset to use with the ps5?

Having just had a baby I want to get some gaming in and not disturb her while she is sleeping.

Was considering getting the pulse 3d but I’m not sure if there’s better options

anyone have a recommendation for a headset to use with the ps5?

Having just had a baby I want to get some gaming in and not disturb her while she is sleeping.

Was considering getting the pulse 3d but I’m not sure if there’s better options
I've got a 15 month old (so not really a baby anymore...!) and I prefer using open back headphones so I could still hear the babe if she stirred or needed me.

Some of the other options (Pulse 3D etc.) are great and comfy - but they also block out a lot of external sound. Great if that's what you want, not great if you don't want that...!

I do have the Arctis 7P+ from Steelseries like like others here and they're a really great headset but I prefer to use TYGR 300R from Beyerdynamic most of the time. The only annoying is that they're wired, not wireless - so have to be plugged into the controller or via an audio mixer.

I have had the Pulse 3D since release and to be honest i dont think you will currently get better for the money(I have recently purchased another set for cheap brand new when they were on a mad offer) they still sound great, i just have to replace the earpads and repurpose the old set to the PC. The Arctis are great but at almost double the price i dont think they are worth the extra. There is also the new Elite version of the Pulse 3D coming soon but they will be about £150 and doesnt look they have ANC so no thanks.

EDIT: Looks like the Pulse 3D Elite will retail at £129 in the UK. So cheaper than the Arctis and one feature i do actually like is the funky headphone charging bracket thingy...

Oh just thought, they are also the Sony H5 and H9 headphones but they are a bit expensive but both offer ANC.

Last edited:
Another recommendation for the Steelseries Arctis 7P+ here, they sound great, are very comfortable and are well put together so they feel like they'll last.

I had the Pulse 3D before them and found them to be uncomfortable after about an hour or so and build quality was poor; they're entirely plastic and the ear cup material was coming loose on mine despite being well looked after. Battery life wasn't as good either. The only benefit I found with them over the Steelseries is the integration with the PS5, so it'll switch the headset mic/output automatically when you turn them on which was handy.

Oh - we still going for a PS5 Pro happening are we? Bless

You think there won’t be a mid-refresh?

With the cost of development, and the money lost in hardware, this generation is going to be a long one.

A refreshed console is inevitable.

Add to that the person who leaked the “slim”, or rather PS5 with detachable disc drive (that was what he leaked out at the very start) has also leaked details of the specifications of the “pro”. This person has proven to be extremely reliable.

It all makes sense, the PS5 was released November 2020. A Pro released 2024 will be 4 years, so about half way through the gen and will likely be bundled with GTA 6 and sell like mad….

Pro aside, I’m not tempted by the latest revision. I think it looks quite tacky with the half gloss and matte finish. The only thing that would have tempted me is a much quieter machine and lower power consumption.

From early tests power consumption seems the same, so they’ve likely just reduced the size which could have negative implications on noise.

My current PS5 has a relatively quiet fan and the coil whine is tolerable (had some previous PS5 that could be heard from 6ft away and fans that emitted ufo type noises) so I’m ok with my current unit until something worthwhile comes along.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom