Poll: *The Official PlayStation (PS5/PS5 Pro) Thread*

Will you be buying a PS5 Pro on release?

• Yes

Votes: 27 11.6%
  • No (not at £700 Lol)

Votes: 146 62.7%
  • No (other)

Votes: 48 20.6%
  • Pancake

Votes: 12 5.2%

• Total voters
The proportions of the new one look really weird with the disc drive attached, but I do think the new Digital Edition one looks better than the current DE model.

Also nice to finally have proof that it'll happily be orientated vertically without the optional stand, it was pretty obvious it would yet didn't stop Eurogamer and the like from making a thing out of it.

Is it me, or has this year been one of the worst for good games? Maybe I'm just losing interest...

I think the best things I've played were DLC. Burning Shores and Phantom Liberty.

Quite surprised that Sony have not switched to a smaller fabrication process for the SoC. It goes to show though how over-engineered the cooling is on the release console though.

Last edited:
Looks like such a lame ‘slim’ IMO. Possibly the worst of all the slims.

I was really hoping for a genuine slim redesign, perhaps it’s too soon technically for them to be able to achieve it. A proper PS5 slim with Xbox one S style footprint, that would be brilliant. Needs a a smaller node I suppose, maybe towards the end of its life cycle.

I can only assume this new version is cheaper for them to manufacturer otherwise why bother.

I wonder how it's noise profile compares

What I love about current gen is both my Series X and PS5 are near silent in operation - Series X even if I get close to, the PS5 has some minor clicking type noise from the fan at all times but you can't hear it unless trying to

my PS4 used to sound like a leaf blower

I wonder how it's noise profile compares

What I love about current gen is both my Series X and PS5 are near silent in operation - Series X even if I get close to, the PS5 has some minor clicking type noise from the fan at all times but you can't hear it unless trying to

my PS4 used to sound like a leaf blower
According to the Ltt Video it's very quiet, with the louds part being the side with the removable drive.

Personally a 30% reduction in size and 18-24% lighter than the original console that's a good difference and I like it. I may actually pick one up now to replace my PS4 Pro as its so damn loud.

Quite surprised that Sony have not switched to a smaller fabrication process for the SoC. It goes to show though how over-engineered the cooling is on the release console though.

The revised model last year had a die shrink and substantially smaller heatsinks compared to the two previous models, so that looks to have given them the headroom to reduce the size without affecting cooling any further.

Release revision had issues with Ram getting rather hot due to poor contact to the alloy frame. This was fixed in the Rev 2 model.

Is it me, or has this year been one of the worst for good games? Maybe I'm just losing interest...

I think the best things I've played were DLC. Burning Shores and Phantom Liberty.
I think it's been an amazing year - MH Rise on gamepass, Wo Long, Remnant 2, FF16, Lords of the Fallen, Diablo 4, Baldurs Gate, Harry Potter game, Jedi Survivors, Lies of P, a new Zelda, Spiderman 2, Armored Core 6 and I've probably missed a bunch.

Last edited:
Is Spider Man 2 worth the price? I haven't played the previous games, should I?

Might just get MWIII on the PC in all honesty but my PS5 isn't getting much use at the moment.

Is Spider Man 2 worth the price? I haven't played the previous games, should I?

Might just get MWIII on the PC in all honesty but my PS5 isn't getting much use at the moment.

Yes it was worth it for me and I loved it. And honestly if you play the first two games first (remaster and miles) you’ll burn yourself out before getting to the second game. Up to you though. Both fantastic games too honestly.

Back
Top Bottom