**** The Official Pocophone F1 Thread ****

Caporegime
Just tried, on the third portrait shot it went a bit slow and the counter ticked round for about 5 secs but then kept working.

Seems to do it every third shot but never actually crashed.

Caporegime
I've decided to order one of these, looking forward to receiving it.

I think they're pretty good value, in hindsight I'd go for the 64GB version as there's not much that can touch it sub £250 and you can always bung an SD card in the second SIM slot.

MIUI 10 has been a big improvement for me. Got rid of most bugs.

I still get a strange bug where the keyboard collapses and often I go back a page when typing in Chrome in particular. Not sure if it's a multi touch issue or the ghost touch issue I've seen mentioned.

Soldato
I think they're pretty good value, in hindsight I'd go for the 64GB version as there's not much that can touch it sub £250 and you can always bung an SD card in the second SIM slot.

MIUI 10 has been a big improvement for me. Got rid of most bugs.

I still get a strange bug where the keyboard collapses and often I go back a page when typing in Chrome in particular. Not sure if it's a multi touch issue or the ghost touch issue I've seen mentioned.
Yeah I ordered the 64gb, anything larger seems pointless when its got an SD slot.

Frankly I've been using a Moto E4 for the last year which is pretty shocking so it's going to feel like quite an upgrade :D

Associate
Tobydeals aka eglobal central scammed me on my very first order from them. Whilst I don't doubt some people have no issues with them, I suspect they are definitely in the business of intentionally selling goods with minor faults to a lot of customers in the hope they don't notice. I bought a xiaomi redmi note 5 from them. It arrived unsealed with minor signs of usage. When I contacted them, they replied within 24hrs to my first email but the 2nd one took 30 days. The 2nd email was instructions how to open an rma case, they wanted to make sure I didn't do this before 14 days(or 30 for eglobal) as I would have been able to get a refund by sending it to their UK address which they know is much more convenient and the buyer is more likely to return it then. After a certain amount of time it must be sent to hong kong which is very expensive with tracking and insurance.

I left the phone sitting in its box unused since the first email, once I got their 2nd one I turned the phone back on. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the phone except being unsealed. Their excuse for the unsealed box was 'inspection' but next time I turned it on I noticed a whole line of green pixels along the left side of the screen. I missed it the first time since its only visible on black backgrounds. Well now I know the real reason it wasn't sealed.

They didn't offer any reasonable solution, no partial refund, no option to return to their uk address. Their customer service are the most incompetent humans I have ever attempted to communicate with. I'm sure they just copy past the same thing to everyone. Their only option was for me to pay the cost to send it back to hong kong, approx 50gbp and then they also deduct a 20gbp admin fee from the refund. Paypal dispute was no help, same thing, I have to cover the cost of return to hong kong. So I must either keep the faulty phone at full price or lose money by sending it back. Once I told them I would not be sending it back and instead would be name and shaming them as much as possible they deleted my rma case and I cant log into my account anymore.

If you decide to buy from them be very aware of what they are capable of. Even by chinese reseller standards, they are as low as you can go if there is any issue with the item you got. I've had much lesser issues with gearbest before, they always offer a partial refund without even asking for it. This company have no interest in giving any money back to you. They want to keep every cent they scammed off you and have several sly tactics they can use to make sure you don't get all your money back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HodPju1sOM

Last edited:
Associate
Tobydeals aka eglobal central scammed me on my very first order from them. Whilst I don't doubt some people have no issues with them, I suspect they are definitely in the business of intentionally selling goods with minor faults to a lot of customers in the hope they don't notice. I bought a xiaomi redmi note 5 from them. It arrived unsealed with minor signs of usage. When I contacted them, they replied within 24hrs to my first email but the 2nd one took 30 days. The 2nd email was instructions how to open an rma case, they wanted to make sure I didn't do this before 14 days(or 30 for eglobal) as I would have been able to get a refund by sending it to their UK address which they know is much more convenient and the buyer is more likely to return it then. After a certain amount of time it must be sent to hong kong which is very expensive with tracking and insurance.

I left the phone sitting in its box unused since the first email, once I got their 2nd one I turned the phone back on. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the phone except being unsealed. Their excuse for the unsealed box was 'inspection' but next time I turned it on I noticed a whole line of green pixels along the left side of the screen. I missed it the first time since its only visible on black backgrounds. Well now I know the real reason it wasn't sealed.

They didn't offer any reasonable solution, no partial refund, no option to return to their uk address. Their customer service are the most incompetent humans I have ever attempted to communicate with. I'm sure they just copy past the same thing to everyone. Their only option was for me to pay the cost to send it back to hong kong, approx 50gbp and then they also deduct a 20gbp admin fee from the refund. Paypal dispute was no help, same thing, I have to cover the cost of return to hong kong. So I must either keep the faulty phone at full price or lose money by sending it back. Once I told them I would not be sending it back and instead would be name and shaming them as much as possible they deleted my rma case and I cant log into my account anymore.

If you decide to buy from them be very aware of what they are capable of. Even by chinese reseller standards, they are as low as you can go if there is any issue with the item you got. I've had much lesser issues with gearbest before, they always offer a partial refund without even asking for it. This company have no interest in giving any money back to you. They want to keep every cent they scammed off you and have several sly tactics they can use to make sure you don't get all your money back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HodPju1sOM
Sorry to hear that.
I've not used either company myself. Although I was tempted until I read the above.
I'd post the above on sites like Reddit to warn others.
Good luck.

Soldato
The battery life on this phone is unreal. It was took off charge at 9am and I had 5hours 30min screen on time browsing the web, watching youtube videos and using a few apps. When I checked my battery at Midnight it still had 47% charge left!

Soldato
The battery life on this phone is unreal. It was took off charge at 9am and I had 5hours 30min screen on time browsing the web, watching youtube videos and using a few apps. When I checked my battery at Midnight it still had 47% charge left!
Awesome, I do a lot of camping and especially in the summer multi day trips so it will be nice not to have to think about keeping it topped up.

Soldato
Here are some photos I've taken with my Pocophone over the first weekend. Extremely pleased with it. Looking forward to trying some more long exposure shots too.

Some portrait because Instagram :rolleyes: Edited with snapseed so could be a bit OTT

6hb6L5d.jpg

YBv0Wl2.jpg

vIY7Ucmr.jpg

kSgY6Fqr.jpg

4kXRRAEr.jpg

y1iPqCQr.jpg

VpGSoshr.jpg

0MVHc42r.jpg

Soldato
Not sure if you have netflix but could you see what the playback is like?
I don't have netflix but I just downloaded prime and if you're meaning the quality then to me it's fine.

For the amount of stuff I'll be watching on the phone (not much) I'm really not bothered about it not being 1080p. It's not un-watchable by any means

Soldato
I don't have netflix but I just downloaded prime and if you're meaning the quality then to me it's fine.

For the amount of stuff I'll be watching on the phone (not much) I'm really not bothered about it not being 1080p. It's not un-watchable by any means

Yeah see i use my phone to watch a lot of netflix and prime. I have an amazon fire hd 7 and I find the quailty really noticeable compared to my current s7. Decisions!

Soldato
Is it normal to have a gap between the bezels and the display so that if you look from an angle you can see an extra bit of screen under the side bezels?

Back
Top Bottom