**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

I've only just completed it and got the 'rich' ending so going back using a guide to find the encoder in Pripyat. It says open door 26 in the hotel but it won't open! It makes the squeak sound but doesn't move. I can look through the window and see the armour etc.

Any noclip commands? Any triggers to unlock the door?

--ahhh nevermind, glitched my way past the door.

Last edited:
This sucks, I can't even leave the very first room because the damn door is locked! I have been given a mission but cannot leave the room as the door is locked. After doing some googling its a bug but question is what the hell am I meant to do? I am running the newest patch so i can't just patch it :(

Edit: Tried using the non patched game and .3 and they both will not let me out the ******* room!!!

Last edited:
This sucks, I can't even leave the very first room because the damn door is locked! I have been given a mission but cannot leave the room as the door is locked. After doing some googling its a bug but question is what the hell am I meant to do? I am running the newest patch so i can't just patch it :(

Edit: Tried using the non patched game and .3 and they both will not let me out the ******* room!!!

I had a bug like that but i couldn't get door open to enter the traders room i was lucky that i had just started

most of the trader door bugs refer to not being able to get back in rather than not get out, here's someones idea:
"Taken from another post"

Hey guys, I've seen lots of threads containing that the trader's door is strangly shut when you visit sometimes, but gladly I'm here to tell you it CAN be reopened or prevented from ever getting shut. To open the door you run (sprint) into the door over and over till it opens just a crack. You then procede to jump on the boxes next to the door on the right and run into that crack and then straif left. If you don't open on the first try, jump ontop of the boxes and repeat until its open. To prevent it from opening jump on the boxes I spoke of earlier and keep jumping until at least one falls off the pile, then push it into the door to act as a door stop, and volia! no more shut door!

most of the trader door bugs refer to not being able to get back in rather than not get out, here's someones idea:
"Taken from another post"

Hey guys, I've seen lots of threads containing that the trader's door is strangly shut when you visit sometimes, but gladly I'm here to tell you it CAN be reopened or prevented from ever getting shut. To open the door you run (sprint) into the door over and over till it opens just a crack. You then procede to jump on the boxes next to the door on the right and run into that crack and then straif left. If you don't open on the first try, jump ontop of the boxes and repeat until its open. To prevent it from opening jump on the boxes I spoke of earlier and keep jumping until at least one falls off the pile, then push it into the door to act as a door stop, and volia! no more shut door!

That should be a mini game :D

Try getting a save game from someone thats just outside the trader room at the start of the game.

are bugs like that caused by the game or like your saved games or what?

i've had a bug where when i try to join freedom and do the mission to distroy the duty camp, after i kill them all "max freedom" runs into a wall and won't run around it :(:confused:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but wanting to actually get into STALKER and thought I might aswell use some of these graphical enhancement mods, all I know of is Float32, basically want to throw everything on that I can. So what are the best ones, and do they all work together?

Apparently the STALKER Sharper Textures mod is pretty good. I haven't got round to using it yet, as Im playing WoW, SC, UT3 Beta, Crysis Beta and my collection of uncompleted Xbox1 games, but the pictures of it I've seen looked pretty good. Float32 doesnt seem to have as many fans anymore as it used to, probably due to coding improvement in the patches taking away some of the benefits of the lighting tweaks in the mod.

are bugs like that caused by the game or like your saved games or what?

i've had a bug where when i try to join freedom and do the mission to distroy the duty camp, after i kill them all "max freedom" runs into a wall and won't run around it :(:confused:

i have the exact same bug! really annoying and patch didn't fix it :( :mad:

EDIT: is there anywhere else you can join freedom later in the game by talking to anyone like in pripyat or anywhere?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but wanting to actually get into STALKER and thought I might aswell use some of these graphical enhancement mods, all I know of is Float32, basically want to throw everything on that I can. So what are the best ones, and do they all work together?
I have used Float32 but uninstalled it quite quickly, it is way too bright for my liking and after that I stopped searching for mods for fear of screwing up the game.

Where do the autosaves get stored? The only ones I get in the Load Game menu are ones I've made myself. I get this icon just running about over hills etc and it flickers off and on sometimes (kinda like the RAM/Turtle icons in Quake) - would be a bit of a weird/annoying place ot autosave anyway.

I've noticed this now in Clear Sky, same icon, same place. I just assumed it was paging as I only have 2GB. The game does autosave but it's definitely not that as the only autosaves I have are after major happenings in the game and, you get a message on screen.

Back
Top Bottom