**The Official S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadow Of Chernobyl Thread**

PhillyDee said:
Well, that 3gb enabler patch got the game running. Now all i see inga,me is the sky, and grey underneath. Im using the latest nvidia drivers. anyone else got this problem? Yu can walk around the little room, but there is nothing there, but text on the screen as if there was. Its just a grey screen, no textures, no models, nada, nothing. Tried different graphics settings and reinstallation.

I had this problem when first installed the game and I was using one of the 158 beta drivers, reverted back to a previous beta driver or it might have been the latest WHQL driver and it worked fine. I've got the 163.11 and it seems to be working ok.

Right...

A few things:

1. How do i rank up?

2. Ive just been to the "bar" for the first time, can i get an decent anti-rad suit yet? If so where from? How much?

3. Whats the best way to make money a the current stage im at? I havnt got any special, just a stalker suit, the AK looking gun (:s).

4. Wheres the best place to get loads of medkits? Ive completely run out now and dont want to leave the "bar" area without any :(

Thanks,

Dan:D

Megahurtz400 said:
Right...

A few things:

1. How do i rank up?

2. Ive just been to the "bar" for the first time, can i get an decent anti-rad suit yet? If so where from? How much?

3. Whats the best way to make money a the current stage im at? I havnt got any special, just a stalker suit, the AK looking gun (:s).

4. Wheres the best place to get loads of medkits? Ive completely run out now and dont want to leave the "bar" area without any :(

Thanks,

Dan:D
sorry i just saw them

1. Kills (stalkers and mutants)
2. not sure im afraid, cant remember when i first got one
3. I just went round selling stuff, artifacts, weapons anything you can get your hand on. The arena is also excellent for making money (in the bar area)
4. Other than traders you can often buy them off stalkers you meet, or find as many stashes as possible.

Megahurtz400 said:
Right... A few things:

1. How do i rank up? just kill people

2. Ive just been to the "bar" for the first time, can i get an decent anti-rad suit yet? If so where from? How much? go to the freedom base, if you go into their armoury (knife kill the guy guarding it) there is a stash box to the right there are 3 different suits the (a double of one i think)

3. Whats the best way to make money a the current stage im at? I havnt got any special, just a stalker suit, the AK looking gun (:s). The arena, also like i said go to the armoury at the freedom base, the bulldog is there along with a another gun or 2. also in the warehouse there is the noiseless sniper and other guns.

4. Wheres the best place to get loads of medkits?Ive completely run out now and dont want to leave the "bar" area without any. trade with people, search dead boides, check out all the stash points

Thanks,
Dan

LoadsaMoney said:
Once unzipped you'll have a textures folder, just copy that into the gamedata folder thats inside your Stalker folder, alongside the shaders one. :)
hmm i don't have a game data folder!
Untitled.png

mrk said:
hmm i don't have a game data folder!]
you need to extract the .db# files first. make a folder named gamedata in the game root and extract the .db#'s to that location.

i still have the unpacker uploaded from an earlier post :cool:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dabar/stalker/STALKER_Data_Unpacker.zip

once extracted, edit 'fsgame.ltx' (with notepad) that's found in the game folder root and all lines with $game_data$ in, change to true|false or true|true.. i can't remember to be sure but if the mod fails to work with one it'll work with the other. It's just telling the game to read the extracted files and not what's in the .db#'s

order of extract:
gamedata.db0 to .db9
then
gamedata.dba and .dbb

i think thats it..

Back
Top Bottom