**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Thread ****

Caporegime
OP
I didn't use no coupon and decided to purchase it using the Samsung Upgrade Programme.

Ooooo what's that/how does it work?

My God that was a ball ache, hour long phone call with Very to sort it out. Paid £36.09 now (difference between discounted phone price and the credit they gave me, so lets call it the upfront cost) and have 12 months to pay back £750 (£62.50pm). I am currently on a rolling 1 month £30pm contract but will end this and go for a sim-only offer on a third party site (e.g. similar allowance but £15-20pm). I should hopefully get £80-100 for the DeX so lets say £670, it should work out to around £75pm for the first 12 months and then around £18pm for the remaining 12 months.

Question. I am on 3 now with my one month rolling, if I bought a 3 sim-only deal from a third party, can I get my number ported over?

Associate
Ooooo what's that/how does it work?

My God that was a ball ache, hour long phone call with Very to sort it out. Paid £36.09 now (difference between discounted phone price and the credit they gave me, so lets call it the upfront cost) and have 12 months to pay back £750 (£62.50pm). I am currently on a rolling 1 month £30pm contract but will end this and go for a sim-only offer on a third party site (e.g. similar allowance but £15-20pm). I should hopefully get £80-100 for the DeX so lets say £670, it should work out to around £75pm for the first 12 months and then around £18pm for the remaining 12 months.

Question. I am on 3 now with my one month rolling, if I bought a 3 sim-only deal from a third party, can I get my number ported over?

It's essentially a pay monthly plan that lets you upgrade to a newer phone after 12 months but you have to give the phone back . You pay £86.90 deposit and then £32.xx each month. If you don't want to upgrade after 12 months, you can just continue using the phone and pay the same amount for the remaining 12 months.

I'm currently with EE on unlimited minutes and texts and 20GB data for £15 a month. Getting the same deal with the note 8 was approx £75 a month and an upfront cost of £50-£100.

You can port your number over but before going with the third party, I would suggest calling up 3 and telling them about this deal. They might put you on that same deal without the hassle of changing your number over.

Man of Honour
I didn't use no coupon and decided to purchase it using the Samsung Upgrade Programme.

I just received my tracking information. Does this mean it will arrive today or tomorrow?

If it give a time slot then it should be today. I've had nothing and mine is coming direct from Samsung.

Caporegime
OP
Need to educate myself on cases, only concern is the majority will make the phone too big but did see a nice one in a YT video that looked nice. Thinking a dbrand skin with the aforementioned clear case (black sides I believe).

What are people's thoughts on tempered glass screen protectors? Worth it over normal ones?

I know it won't be up to the V30's standard but assume Samsung use a decent audio solution in recent phones? Thinking of getting some BTNC 450 wireless headphones :D.

Soldato
Got my Samsung case and first firmware update to improve camera is out:

https://www.sammobile.com/2017/09/1...-firmware-update-improves-camera-performance/

What case did you get? I looked at that site you mentioned mobile fun, and can't choose between

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-galaxy-note-8-clear-view-standing-cover-case-black-64369

which I like due to the folding stand

or

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-galaxy-note-8-led-view-cover-case-black-64376

Which I like as it wakes/sleeps the phone when opening/closing, the same as my current case on the Note 4

Man of Honour
What case did you get? I looked at that site you mentioned mobile fun, and can't choose between

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-galaxy-note-8-clear-view-standing-cover-case-black-64369

which I like due to the folding stand

or

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/official-samsung-galaxy-note-8-led-view-cover-case-black-64376

Which I like as it wakes/sleeps the phone when opening/closing, the same as my current case on the Note 4

I ordered the led one as it wasn't very clear as to the actions of the clear view case which I have on my S7 Edge which does answer calls without opening and does wake/sleep. I now also have the clear view and will decide on which one to keep and sell the other.

Soldato
I ordered the led one as it wasn't very clear as to the actions of the clear view case which I have on my S7 Edge which does answer calls without opening and does wake/sleep. I now also have the clear view and will decide on which one to keep and sell the other.

Aha, as you have them both, which would you recommend? :)

Man of Honour
Aha, as you have them both, which would you recommend? :)

The led case has a nicer feel than the clear. We'll see if the clear wake/sleep, call answer by swipe work as they did with the S7 Edge so I won't recommend until they are on the Note tomorrow.

Pinkpound has a led case at present so it may be worth asking him about that one.

:)

Caporegime
OP
This is the case I was eying up; thin profile, adequate protection and will show off a lot of the phone (including a dbrand skin :D):

23tl2c8.png

Caporegime
OP
Right you lot. Pictures please including some examples of the Live Focus and macro using the telephoto. SoT further down the line would be great.

Can't wait (I failed at my attempt not to get another Samsung but I just love the stylus) :D.

Associate
This will be my first Note phone so quite excited :) . Pre ordered via Vodafone but had no dispatch notification as yet.

Back
Top Bottom