*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Associate
Got the cheapo fake rock case, wasnt bad for the case, screen protector and little pen thingy for £1.90! Problem is the screen protector is quite a bad fit, infact its too small by around 3mm all the way around!

Anyone recommend some cheap screen protectors that actually cover the whole screen! :p

And for your time, some pics of the fake rock case, not too shabby at all tbh:

asSNx.jpg
KMFzS.png
mCtau.png
3Bw2P.png
EKqMS.png

In situ:

Swr0I.png

And the comically small screen protector close up:

iWT2p.png

Caporegime
Yap came all the way from Hong Kong, when I emailed the seller they said it was to do with the olympics making customs slower with imports. :p

Just great........... :p

I emailed nillkin about a week ago and they never responded back :rolleyes: So no idea where mine is, probably didn't even send it out :p

Will probably be pleasantly surprised in about another 2-5 weeks :p :o

Can't type for toffee
Don
The bundle of 8 screen protectors I got was a bit short all the way around too.
Wasn't expecting much for cheapy ones, they're pretty damn easy to put on and a lot less fiddly than the Zagg cases we had on our Desires.

Associate
Ive just put mine on, its not too bad, i think they are cut short because the screen is curved at the edges making it harder to stick. Ive put mine on pretty straight but the edges are already starting to come up! So either there isnt enough glue on the edges, quite possible cos its a cheap one or its the start of the curvature, nevertheless the quality of the screen protector is good, no orange peal or anything.

Soldato
Because of the curved edges screen protectors without wet application won't stay down properly so the dry application ones are made smaller (if they want to stay on).

Soldato
5 weeks later it has arrived!

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/ZWwfk.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/JtE6i.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/vriQx.jpg[/IMG]

[MG]http://i.imgur.com/0CEtZ.jpg[/IMG]

Very nice feel to the case, will be used whilst I am out and about but the rest of the time I will be sticking with the mesh case because I have become accustomed to sticking a coin in the back and standing it up now! Especially useful when watching videos/TV on the phone.

Mine also came the other day as well - 5-6 weeks from HK! :o :(

Soldato
Do a search in the Rainforest for "Mofred S3" and it is the first result... This protector is just immense. Again it is short by a wee bit but it doesn't feel like you have a protector on it and it takes about 2 mins to put it on with no bubbles (use credit card to squeeze bubbles out). It goes on dry

I have a gel case on my phone as well and so only about 2mm of the phone is exposed between the edge of the screen protector and the edge of the case.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I got fed up with the rubber feel of the InvisibleShield but I do like its resistance to scratches so I've ordered the InvisibleSheild HD as this apparently is unnoticeable in regards to feel and looks... we shall see.

Soldato
I got fed up with the rubber feel of the InvisibleShield but I do like its resistance to scratches so I've ordered the InvisibleSheild HD as this apparently is unnoticeable in regards to feel and looks... we shall see.

Not great reviews here > http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1752056&highlight=invisibleshield

I've tried a few wet skins so far. Xtremeguard are ok, but much prefer the xoskins. Perfect full screen fit and nice and smooth after the tackyness wears off.

Last edited:
Soldato
FYI
Two more 'fake' Rock cases received today from different sellers, exactly the same as the real one. The other one I have that is a little less textured must be a one-off.

So my recommendation is to buy any of these sorts of cases, don't get the rip-off Rock ones with a logo and limited choice of colours.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The fake ones are not exactly the same, not in cut out hole size/shape and not in physical texture (less grippy) of the case itself and not in thickness.

How do I know this?

I have both.

Soldato
The fake ones are not exactly the same, not in cut out hole size/shape and not in physical texture (less grippy) of the case itself and not in thickness.

How do I know this?

I have both.

I've got two Rock cases and three 'fakes.' Only one 'fake' is different by a very small amount, most recent ones are exactly the same.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The grip you say is exactly the same as well? Got a pic using flash of them all lined up? There's a tell when photographing the with flash .

Back
Top Bottom