*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S III ACCESSORIES Thread ***

Associate
My official ROCK case snapped to, only on the corners but if i was to drop the phone i fear it would give it little to no protection so i'm just using it naked now and it feels much nicer, won't bother getting another now i'll wait it out until the S4.

Soldato
Looking for a new case. I like the Nilkin and the Quicksand but I'd like top and bottom protection.

The "SD Ultra Thin TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy S3" on Mobilefun looks great, but not at £10 :/

Anyone else using something similar? I bought a cheapo tpu case from ebay and whilst it looked ok, it's alignment was off. I guess that's why they charge £10 for the better ones :o

Associate
I bought an Otterbox commuter case for £12, it does add some size to it but I feel like my phone is far less likely to be damaged by a fall. It also makes it near impossible to accidently press any of the buttons.

Soldato
What do people recommend for car docks? There's loads out there but so many have poor reviews. Not sure if I will have it on the windscreen or 'on top' yet.

Not massively concerned if it doesn't have a car charger/audiocable, will buy separately.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought the official samsung car for £10 off amazon, normally £20. The Nokia cr-115 I had is just too much of a tight fit for big phones.

Great quality - bought another as it's universal and just nice build and design.

large_41441_1343643402_zpsa5aa5bfe.jpg

large_41441_1343643404_zps1ab6d8b9.jpg

samsung-vehicle-dock-car-mount-holder-galaxy-s3-i9300_01_1_zps5de70619.jpg

Soldato
^ Nice but I bought a univesral case for £3.99 delivered (from a competitor so no link, I'm afraid) which consists of two 'jaws' that clamp the phone, lined with silicon grips and with a really powerful sunction device. So far it has sat on my windscreen for a couple of weeks and has held an S3, and old SGS (original) and a Navman S70 3D, all with no issues and easy rotation. Marvellous.

Associate
Another positive for the Otter Box Commuter from me. I know some people don't like the shininess of the plastic shell but not an issue for me as I don't leave it on sloping surfaces. The fit is fantastic, everything lines up spot on. I've got used to the port covers now, which was the one thing I wasn't too sure about when I ordered it. The buttons are quite firm so no chance of accidental presses in my pockets.

It's not great lighting but these give you an idea of the size (I need to modify my desk stand now!). The overall thickness of the case is 13mm btw.

You can just make out the edge of the Ultra Nano screen protector around the camera lens.

Soldato
Just specing up some gear. I won't get a case yet but I have three in mind. My mate said they just added too much bulk. I like the idea of a note and bank card so my main wallet don't need to come out all the time. On amazon

First supergets flipuup one
Sec ghub side open
Third terrapin side open
Forth is a gel back case rubber for dropping

So what I plan on now...

Micro b usb on the go - plug norm usb into phone

Car mount
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00871EG0E/ref=aw_ls__1?colid=1DIHSN6HPEIMF&coliid=I3ODBM8YWX0ZFP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom