***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
Well, the rumour mill has started rolling.

So far we have a quad core SoC, 12MP camera and a HD resolution. All on a device to be released in April.
My Galaxy Nexus was always going to be a stop gap until this was released, let's hope for good things!

Source

Associate
I still think it'll only have a dual core....probably 2.0Ghz though as I don't see a reason to have a quad core yet...don't mind being proved wrong :p. I'd like to see a minimum spec like a dual core 2.0Ghz, 12Mp Camera, 2Gb Ram, 1280x1080 HD res, 4.6" Screen plus lots of other goodies.

Soldato
As said there's no time to waste in this market - crush or be crushed :D

I can't see there being clock's of 2Ghz - 1.6 max I say.

2GB RAM while tasty, is quite an overkill.

And what the hell is kind of res is 1280x1080? lol

Soldato
I think it'll either be a slow ish Quad Core or a high end Dual Core based SoC. The rest of the specs are kinda a mystery since it's Samsungs flagship device - just look at the S II and how well specced that was! Please have a new uber battery.

Associate
Lol this time next year we all be pondering about what the Galaxy S IV will have, no doudt Samsung will already well into planning this phone for 2013.

So Galaxy S IV

4.7" HD screen
4G support
6 or 8 core 2Ghz+ processor
3-4gig of ram
32gig & 64gig storage
with expandable memory upto 64gig
16mp camera with backlight sensor
720p & 1080p at 60fps
Gorilla Glass 2
Android 5.0
looks like a larger version off the iphone 5 :p

Soldato
No stock ICS, no sale.

:(

I'll probably change my mind when I see it though.

Would that actually put people off? I realise you get updates pushed to you with stock android rather than manually updating or waiting for a carrier ota update, but it wouldn't put me off a certain handset. TW launcher is a non issue too - simply install ADW which is pretty much stock android plus a few extra features.

Man of Honour
Would that actually put people off? I realise you get updates pushed to you with stock android rather than manually updating or waiting for a carrier ota update, but it wouldn't put me off a certain handset. TW launcher is a non issue too - simply install ADW which is pretty much stock android plus a few extra features.

It wouldn't so much put me off, but it would disappoint me.

ICS + TW on the Galaxy S II isn't even nearly as nice as proper ICS on the Nexus. Not even close.

Still, TW is inevitable with Samsung pushing their 'smart home' rubbish on everyone.

Soldato
Well, it looks like this wont even be released until the Summer, according to The Verge and a German blog.

It wouldn't so much put me off, but it would disappoint me.

ICS + TW on the Galaxy S II isn't even nearly as nice as proper ICS on the Nexus. Not even close.

Still, TW is inevitable with Samsung pushing their 'smart home' rubbish on everyone.

So you're running the final build of Samsung's ICS?

Back
Top Bottom