***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Almost certain not to get this at launch as i did with the sg2. I have no need for quad core yet. Better audio performance would be nice but i will wait out my 18 month contract.

I think we are aproaching a hardware plateau for most people.

For those who dont game cpu/gpu is now in excess, screen size and quality too, camera is probably the only thing with battery that most people would upgrade for.

I never thought i would go for 24mth contract, but im happy to now, and am with this SGN

I dont game, watch films, stream video because
Dont want to game
Dont have battery for films
Dont have battery or signal for streaming

I want money to be put into infrastrcture and battery personallh, i expect camera to be nearly nailed with this phone. SQ would be the only other reason to upgrade, i have nice headphones

But im happy with the SGN i have, to upgrade i would need ,
Better battery
Better sq
Better camera
And not just one of those. ALL OF THEM.

^ That's what the "Galaxy S 2.5" should be.

Big battery (2000mAh plus)
32nm exynos 4212 (1.5-1.6Ghz A9, gpu at 400Mhz)
Slight camera upgrade (maybe the 16mp shooter)
Hopefully a better dac.
GN screen.

The SGS3 will come much later in the year (exynos 5 series or quad A9 etc)

Due an upgrade in April time, here's hoping its out by then :)

Seen as I've put up with crappy phones for the past year and a half this will rock!! :)

Excuse my ignorance, but why is a quad core beneficial for a phone. I have a SGS2, and a SGS and a HTC Desire before that, the phones never really felt slow, just wondering what kind of stuff i'd do that would require the processing power?

Tbh, give me a SGS2 with an awesome battery life and im in! Now doubt i will get one tho:p

Dual A15's >>> Quad A9's. I think we will get a dual A15 SoC in the SGS3.

I can't see the benefit of a quad core at all when a powerful dual core has plenty of grunt. Quad A9's were only made as a stop gap until the A15's are ready.

better battery with a quad, thats all i see

I doubt you'd get it, it seems an A15 is 2x the performance of the A9, but I don't think it's twice the number of transistors, so dual A15's Vs quad A9's should yield better battery life...

It is looking more and more likely that they'll use the 5250/dual A15's as well, which would be very shiney, I guess we'll know more if the rumoured 'tab 11.6' is announced and when that is to be released (it's supposed to have the 5250, apparantly)

503081885.jpg

Samsung should shut up and take my money right now.

Back
Top Bottom