***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
OP
I can discern the pixels on the SIII but not on the One X. Maybe it has something to do with the layout - I don't know! I didn't preorder one in the end.

Soldato
OP
Really? That's disappointing. :(

Interesting. Would you say the screen is pretty much the same as the Nexus (you have one don't you) then?

The Nexus has higher PPI and I can see the pixels on that (albeit not all that easily). On the iPhone and One X I can't.

The screen reminds me of the SII but with a higher pixel density. It's very bright and the colours stand out. The rep at the shop said he has said other reps have managed to scratch their phone screens so Corning have still got a way to go yet.

Rear case wise the photos make it look bad but it's ok. It feels solid and the camera doesn't poke out as much as the photos make out. There aren't any gaps between the case and chassis so one could be fooled into thinking that the phone is a one piece design.

Soldato
OP
Just been to the samsung store in stratford, they didn't have a demo SGS3 :(
I asked the rep about pricing and he goes the first 150 people will get it for 499 after that the price will go up to 549 !

That's what I was told when I was there on Saturday, only I had a real working phone to play with. I'm still standing by what I said, I'm not going to get one.

Soldato
OP
Screen protectors are awful. I want to enjoy my phone, not cover my screen in a film which changes the feel of it.

My friend received the flip cover for his SIII today. It's sublime, barely a millimetre thick and it adds a premium finish to the phone. I'd choose a flip cover over a screen protector any day.

Soldato
OP
i was told on here i needed a micro sim for the s3, so i phoned my provider (voda) and requested one.. it turned up with iphone written on it so i phoned them up and asked and they said that the microsims are for iphone only and that a 'standard contract sim' is all thats needed for the s3.. so they sent one of those and its the same as the one thats in my 5yo phone!

Just sim swap to the micro sim regardless and you'll be ok :)

Back
Top Bottom