**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Don't know if it's my phone or the S22 Ultra in general but the Bluetooth on this phone is crap, I keep getting sporadic disconnects with my Galaxy Watch 4, Galaxy Buds Live, Sony's WF-XM4 i have to have them on stability to have any decent connection, otherwise on quality will just keep cutting out, also my car it would disconnect at random then suddenly reconnect.

Now this doesn't happen all the time, if i restart the phone problem goes away for weeks then suddenly it will comes back, thinking this is more a bug that Samsung hasn't got on top of yet.

For reference my S21 Ultra never had any Bluetooth connection issues.

Anybody else suffer from Bluetooth issues with this phone?

Associate
Go take a look at Android Addicts on YouTube, he's got comparisons on Exynos v Snapdragon on a few tests and to be fair I don't think it's worth the hassle of importing for the little difference between them this time around.
The warranty will be in the country of purchase and returns or exchanges could be a right PITA

Thanks, will take a look. To be honest I have ordered one from Wondamobile, will be here next week. 5G won't work, but where I live were lucky if we get 4G :)
Samsung pay won't work and it will only have 1 year warranty as opposed to 2. However it is over £300 cheaper so not all bad.

Will let you know how I get on and whether it performs better in day to day use than my Exynos version did.

Looking at the May update video on Android addicts, it almost looks like Samsung is slowing down the SD version so the Exynos can keep up with and beat the SD version in the benchmarks. We all know the sort of stunts Samsung pull with benchmarks :)

Soldato
Don't know if it's my phone or the S22 Ultra in general but the Bluetooth on this phone is crap, I keep getting sporadic disconnects with my Galaxy Watch 4, Galaxy Buds Live, Sony's WF-XM4 i have to have them on stability to have any decent connection, otherwise on quality will just keep cutting out, also my car it would disconnect at random then suddenly reconnect.

Now this doesn't happen all the time, if i restart the phone problem goes away for weeks then suddenly it will comes back, thinking this is more a bug that Samsung hasn't got on top of yet.

For reference my S21 Ultra never had any Bluetooth connection issues.

Anybody else suffer from Bluetooth issues with this phone?

Interestingly my experience has been quite the opposite, go figure.

I've had several Samsung phones over the years, and the S22Ultra has been the most stable over Bluetooth, more so than the S21Ultra which was my last phone. Exactly as you describe, Bluetooth dropping out on the Sony buds, and having to use the 'stable' setting. Galaxy watch's (I've had 2) disconnecting and then reconnecting a few seconds later, my Bluetooth handsfree earpiece disconnecting and reconnecting for no reason, all within a few seconds. Android Auto has usually been stable, but I've not been using that for too long.

But the S22 Ultra has been pretty solid, and its on and in use one way or another 24/7.

Associate
Camera lag seems to have improved after new update, don't notice much else different. Gboard still has crazy problems when using swipe typing.

Soldato
They pop up every so often over at avforums classifieds section.
There's one up for £700 at the mo, if that's something you want to go for. I've bought and sold phones there myself, they have a trust system similar to the one here.

Soldato
I am tempted to upgrade my S10+ to a s22+ but I am hesitant due to all the reports of the weak battery life on reddit. How bad is it?

Also is there any lag present at all on this phone? Not sure if it's just Reddit over reaction or what.

Back
Top Bottom