**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
So it's getting close to what is believed to be a February release date for the S22 line. This time around the ultra model will essentially become the Note series replacement, with a built in spen and different more square design.

The UK looks to be getting the Exynos in collaboration with AMD, which was rumoured to be a real challenge to the Apple A15, and SD898 but the early benchmarks are not looking promising on the processing side, but time will tell. That said the GPU performance does seem to be ahead at this point.

https://wccftech.com/galaxy-s22-ultra-with-exynos-2200-poor-benchmark-results/

General news to date
https://www.sammobile.com/news/everything-we-know-so-far-about-galaxy-s22-flagship-lineup/

I'm looking forward to seeing what the final reviews look like, but at this point I'm not blown away by the probable designs based on early prototypes seen in the field.

https://bgr.com/tech/see-the-galaxy-s22-ultras-new-design-in-the-first-leaked-live-images/

Associate
Well, i am looking forward to pre-ordering my Note 222 ultra i mean my s22 ultra. I hope the rumours are not true and that the new Samsung/AMD chipset is crapy. The trouble it is just rumoured atm some are saying everyone is getting snapdragon and the Samsung one is not going to be ready and it is vastly underperforming. i also noticed some new regions have been added to the snapdragon. I wonder what preorder goodies we will get this time.

Associate
OP
Well, i am looking forward to pre-ordering my Note 222 ultra i mean my s22 ultra. I hope the rumours are not true and that the new Samsung/AMD chipset is crapy. The trouble it is just rumoured atm some are saying everyone is getting snapdragon and the Samsung one is not going to be ready and it is vastly underperforming. i also noticed some new regions have been added to the snapdragon. I wonder what preorder goodies we will get this time.

Yes I'm hoping that the scores improve closer to Christmas for the exynos 2200, especially if we are one of a few countries getting it. As you say most countries have been swapped over to the SD898 for reasons unknown, I guess it could be to do with global shortages perhaps

Associate
Usually upgrade every year but i'm at that point now where i'm more than happy with the S21 Ultra, it's a phenomenal phone plus it will get a lot of the S22 Ultra's features with an update at some point next year.

Associate
Usually upgrade every year but i'm at that point now where i'm more than happy with the S21 Ultra, it's a phenomenal phone plus it will get a lot of the S22 Ultra's features with an update at some point next year.

I know what you're saying I am the same. But i will most prob upgrade annually for many years to come still.

That screen though lol. and integrated S-pen. And as for getting a lot of the features of the s22 ultra. I am not sure about that.

Associate
Most of the features will probably come with One UI 4.1, obviously they save the best stuff for the S22 Ultra.

Having said that when the S22 Ultra drops & if Samsung offers a good trade in deal for the S21 Ultra I'll probably end up caving in & getting one. :p we see

Associate
OP
I'm a little concerned still about 70% of the world are getting the new SD 898 now called the SD 8 Gen1 and that we will be in the 30% getting the new Exynos 2200, it doesn't instil me with faith that it's going to be on par with the SD, initial benchmarks are all over the place, so too early to tell. I have a feeling I'll wait to see the performance and battery life reviews before buying.

Associate
I'm a little concerned still about 70% of the world are getting the new SD 898 now called the SD 8 Gen1 and that we will be in the 30% getting the new Exynos 2200, it doesn't instil me with faith that it's going to be on par with the SD, initial benchmarks are all over the place, so too early to tell. I have a feeling I'll wait to see the performance and battery life reviews before

Tbh in real-world stuff the benchmarks mean nothing at all really. And if i left it until then id miss the preorder goodies and the colour and size i would like. i normally go in knee-deep and pray lol

Last edited:
Caporegime
I think I'm heading back to Apple next. Currently using an S21U and before that a Note 10+ 5G.

Neither have been amazing if I'm honest. Battery life is just OK, some bugs just never get fixed, I don't like getting the inferior Exynos chipset each time (although not so bad on S21U). The S pen was never really useful. The cameras on the S21U are good for the most part, the big zoom is a gimmick. Low light performance is weak.

I also hate the curved screen and the inability to use a simple tempered glass screen protector. TPU ones suck.

I can't really think what the S22U will bring as a major feature? More GPU power doesn't really excite me as mobile games are terrible.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Some more reports coming in of benchmarks for the new sd matching gpu performance of the a15 but not close in terms of cpu. I really hope the exynos isn't miles behind! We should get some benchmarks by end of month

I think I've reached this point too as my last phone was the S20 Ultra (May 2020) and I'm still very happy with it. My next phone will probably be from the S23 line.

Soldato
I think that's the point.

I'm on S10+ 5G myself, was looking at Pixel 6 Pro but seems we're almost into new year so maybe this is the upgrade to wait for that will have me covered for next few years :D

Soldato
Shame Samsung's have got to the point where they are stupidly expensive. I had an S4, s6 and s8 and all were great phones. The s22 looks nice, but I dread to think of what the price tag will be. I'll probably pass.

Back
Top Bottom