**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

Associate
Are you sure?

It seems to have all my trade in info with printed shipping and everything in the box.
No where does it say to wait for it in the post anymore

I just received my trade in box on its own and S22 cases from Samsung in a seperate package. Are you sure you are not confusing it with a return slip for if you don't want the phone?

Soldato
@ 48% charge the S22U is pulling 29W from the Spigen 45W charger and cable. This already debunks the youtube comments.

I took it off charge until it drops to 20% and see what the rate is then.

Soldato
You'll be sending it back them, 45w charging on Samsung has been there since my Note 10+, it takes some time off but not a lot. It is only really quick in the early stages, so good for a bump but slows significantly like most devices that care about life of the battery be it phones or cars.

Do you still have the old 45W Samsung charger? It would be good to see someone test the old charger on a laptop to see the wattage it pulls.

To much banter going around saying its the charger causing the throttling.

Man of Honour
It won't be the charger, the point of PPS is that the device negotiates what it is capable of constantly throughout the entire charging process so if Samsung have said at x % charged it should get a maximum of xW then the charger will output that amount. If the old 45W Samsung charger is not PPS then it will have a preset range of outputs it will shift through and after a certain % will stick to a fixed low value like above 80% i will stick to say 7W output until it is fully charged. At least that has been current observations!

@ 48% charge the S22U is pulling 29W from the Spigen 45W charger and cable. This already debunks the youtube comments.

I took it off charge until it drops to 20% and see what the rate is then.

Does it show super fast charging 2.0 on the screen when connected?

Soldato
It won't be the charger, the point of PPS is that the device negotiates what it is capable of constantly throughout the entire charging process so if Samsung have said at x % charged it should get a maximum of xW then the charger will output that amount. If the old 45W Samsung charger is not PPS then it will have a preset range of outputs it will shift through and after a certain % will stick to a fixed low value like above 80% i will stick to say 7W output until it is fully charged. At least that has been current observations!

Does it show super fast charging 2.0 on the screen when connected?

Dude the old Samsung charger is PPS and has Samsung crap charge 2.0 plastered on the box.

Associate
Are you sure?

It seems to have all my trade in info with printed shipping and everything in the box.
No where does it say to wait for it in the post anymore

Mine has a plastic bag , packing sticker. Only problem is the stick was half hanging off and ripped the plastic back, now have the barcode is missing ffs.

Like the s22 ultra, feels like an upgraded s21 ultra with note capabilities, pretty much what I wanted on first impressions.

Have to debloat though

Man of Honour
Dude the old Samsung charger is PPS and has Samsung crap charge 2.0 plastered on the box.

It makes sense as Samsung supported PPS since the S20 series (was actually the first phone to support PPS) - It's clear then that new or old, the charger doesn't matter and it's the phone charging circuit/firmware that has been programmed to charge so slowly compared to other brands. I refer to the comment earlier about Samsung sticking with this ever since the Note 7 battery catching fire issue whereas other manufacturers have moved on by using dual battery cells that can charge way way faster with no extra heat generated and still be PPS.

Man of Honour
I just received my trade in box on its own and S22 cases from Samsung in a seperate package. Are you sure you are not confusing it with a return slip for if you don't want the phone?
Mine had both the returns and the trade in shipping labels in the box with the phone.

Soldato
It makes sense as Samsung supported PPS since the S20 series (was actually the first phone to support PPS) - It's clear then that new or old, the charger doesn't matter and it's the phone charging circuit/firmware that has been programmed to charge so slowly compared to other brands. I refer to the comment earlier about Samsung sticking with this ever since the Note 7 battery catching fire issue whereas other manufacturers have moved on by using dual battery cells that can charge way way faster with no extra heat generated and still be PPS.

Yes this I know. It's the youtube comments I was referring who suggested it was the charger.

Open standard protocols are here to make everything easy. If Samsung isn't playing nice with the Spigen charger that's on them for messing it up with proprietary handshakes.

Man of Honour
Only one way to find out what's what, get the phone in and use the Spigen.

I will see over the next few days what this screen issue thing is all about and decide if I will cancel the order or not. It still says processing and the cancel button is available.

Caporegime
Re trade in.

I've just received an email that states;

Shortly you will receive a Samsung Trade-in return pack in the post for your old device

So the packet and label in the box will be for returning the new phone if needed, rather than trade in.

Back
Top Bottom