**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S22 Family Thread ****

APW

APW

Associate
Bugs mainly. Camera is laggy. YouTube videos don't render properly in Chrome. Battery life is sub par. Exynos is miles behind Apples SOCs.

Yes but apple chip being faster is like having a ferrari but only being able to drive it in a supermaket car park :cry:, pretty pointless.

If your s21u is "laggy" surely it's a faulty phone...

People start taking phones too much like GPU benchmarks.. "oh this one shows 280fps vs 250fps, therefore 250fps is useless! So bad!"

£300 phones nowadays are pretty amazing and equivalent to flagships from just few years ago (literally a52s vs s10 - paid £1300 for 512gb s10 3yrs ago, still a great phone but budget models beat it in some cases now), people see what they want to see to justify their purchases but in a blind test most won't be able to tell a difference.

Associate
The only things i really miss. bit it's not a huge thing is nova launcher lol.
Ios is slowly catching up with the customization part. wallpapers/icons(Although they need to work on the icons), widgets. ect.

And the AOD, but let's be honest if you use a smartwatch or normal watch for that matter you don't really need it tbh,

Soldato
There's nothing I can think of that could pull me over to the iphone. Not even close.

And this is precisely what it comes down to these days, personal preference. Both have their benefits/drawbacks - you just need to figure out which one is the best compromise for you.

Associate
There's nothing I can think of that could pull me over to the iphone. Not even close.

I used to say the same. but the constant letdown by Samsung of releasing an inferior chipset in the UK. Which not only affects heat/performance. picture taking and picture quality. Watching the various Samsung unpacked events. which are led by snapdragon-equipped phones. So for people who live outside the region where the snapdraggon is shipped to get false hope of what their £1000 + phone is capable of.

In my humble opinion, Samsung should be pulled up its kind of false marketing. Yes, they may be similar or comparable. but not the same. and what is advertised shown at the unpacked events is not the same phone we get in the UK.

The phone should be and perform the same no matter what region you live in.

That is why I jumped ship to try ios for a year.

Just my point of view ofc,

Soldato
I used to say the same. but the constant letdown by Samsung of releasing an inferior chipset in the UK. Which not only affects heat/performance. picture taking and picture quality. Watching the various Samsung unpacked events. which are led by snapdragon-equipped phones. So for people who live outside the region where the snapdraggon is shipped to get false hope of what their £1000 + phone is capable of.

In my humble opinion, Samsung should be pulled up its kind of false marketing. Yes, they may be similar or comparable. but not the same. and what is advertised shown at the unpacked events is not the same phone we get in the UK.

I agree with this all Samsung s22 uktra should be made equal all same specs.

Associate
Returned mine and decided to try the dark side and a 13 Pro Max. No idea if I'll regret it but I was really impressed with the phone I played with in Currys yesterday. Screen, speakers and overall speed were on a different level to the Ultra. Camera seemed better than my P6Pro.

If I don't like iOS I'll happily move back in six months or so and it shouldn't cost me too much.

It's a real shame as there was so much about the S22 I liked. But there are just too many people with the same sort of issues I had to give me any confidence in the product.

Lots of people looking at online reviews and benchmarks saying "well the handset must be faulty". And really, that's the problem. It should just work and it really does all seem to be down to Exynos.

I'm glad lots of people are happy with their handset, but I also really hope Samsung can sort out the whole Exynos / SD issue.

Soldato
If apple sorted their notifications out and had AoD (and being forced to buy one of their watches isn't a solution I like!) I'd probably jump. But right now too many compromises in iOS

Soldato

I'd go pixel, oppo, OnePlus, Sony and a few other before Apple was a consideration. The apple eco system and ways of doing things is not my cup tea.

My dad has the 13 pro max and I have to set up his phones. I don't like the hardware design or the software.

Man of Honour
If apple sorted their notifications out and had AoD (and being forced to buy one of their watches isn't a solution I like!) I'd probably jump. But right now too many compromises in iOS
I tried a iPhone 12 pro for a week between getting rid of my Oneplus 7 pro and buying the S21 Ultra when it was released and it was the notifications that really pushed me over the edge, the setup of them just made no sense coming from Android.
That and the fact some apps like Whatsapp looked like some weird DOS command line version in comparison.
It's a shame as the hardware, battery life and size of them is nice but I've been fully in the cult of Android for at least a decade and can't deal with change in my old age :D

Back
Top Bottom